Singapore Expats Forum

Beer Cellar aka Coolies review

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Beer Cellar aka Coolies review

Postby Deadpoet » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 3:46 pm

I am starting a new idea here in WNDC, a review of places we have been. Thought this would be useful for our members and whoever happenned to dropped by.

Beer Cellar aka Coolies, June 22th, 2005

WNDC returned to Beer Cellar again, and have the highest turnout since I started organising nearly a year ago. I lost count after 41.

Beer Cellar was formerly known as Coolies. Charlie, the owner, decided to change name when he started to concentrate on beers. They have the best beer selection of any pub in Singapore.

The food is another of Beer Cellar's strong point. The German suasage platter is one of my favourite, and is the chicken wings. Their thing crust pizza is one of the best in town.

The staff is very friendly and efficient. Our glasses were always kept full, maybe that was the reason some of us there that night had such a hard time on Thursday.

After a few pints, you can always goto the back of the room and play some darts. This is one of my favourite pub in Singapore.

Recommended. Very friendly staff, good food, average value for the money, average ambiance. This is what a neighborhood pub should be.

This is strictly my opinion, it is not the opinion of WNDC nor
Carpe Diem