Singapore Expats Forum

Sound Bar review

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Sound Bar review

Postby Deadpoet » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 3:34 pm

I am starting a new idea here in WNDC, a review of places we have been. Thought this would be useful for our members and whoever happenned to dropped by.

Sound Bar, Wed, June 29th, 2005

WNDC was absence from Sound Bar for nearly 18 months. The experience last time was less than positive. With lots of reservation, and prodding by Sonia888, we headed back to Sound Bar.

I arrived early aroudn 8pm and the wait staff was extremely helpful in arranging 2 tall tables right in front of the bar for us. They even reserve another tall table, just in case we need it. As it turns out, we needed 3 extra tall tables.

Service was efficient and friendly. They neve let our glasses remain empty for a long time. Maybe, its a bad thing, we drank a lot, but it is very refreshing to be served by profession wait staff.

Happy hours (30% off Tiger and house pours) ends at 9pm. No wine by the glass was offerd for happy hour prices. $7(already discounted) for 1/2 pint of Tiger is a bit steep. The cocktails during happy hour, again $7, is a bit watered down, which was not the case after happy hour. Killkenny for $12/pint is not bad.

The surrounding is beautiful, with lights cascading down overhanging trees by the river.

All together, Sound is recommend, good service, average value for the money, good ambiance.

This is strictly my opinion, it is not the opinion of WNDC nor
Carpe Diem