Singapore Expats Forum

Delusional?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

YF

Delusional?

Postby YF » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:26 am

I have noticed the word "delusional" seems to be a very popular word with the Singaporeans. It this a noteworthy observation or just a cultural oddity? I am probably reading into this to much, but I find it interesting that a lot of people have made this accusation to others on this board.

Yf

Chuno

Postby Chuno » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:12 am

you know how it is... learn a word a day.. then use it often for practice?..like that lor

Strong Eagle

Re: Delusional?

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:20 am

YF wrote:I have noticed the word "delusional" seems to be a very popular word with the Singaporeans. It this a noteworthy observation or just a cultural oddity? I am probably reading into this to much, but I find it interesting that a lot of people have made this accusation to others on this board.

Yf

I think you are delusional... I haven't seen that word around too much... unless of course I am delusional

Postby Guest » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:37 pm

YF wrote:I have noticed the word "delusional" seems to be a very popular word with the Singaporeans. It this a noteworthy observation or just a cultural oddity? I am probably reading into this to much, but I find it interesting that a lot of people have made this accusation to others on this board.

Yf

You are going too far.

Reality Bites

Postby Reality Bites » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 7:23 pm

Not noteworthy or accurate. I have not noticed the word being used very often at all. You are deluded to think that delusional is in frequent use here.

YF

Postby YF » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 9:45 pm

See what I mean?! :)

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 6:19 pm

YF wrote:I have noticed the word "delusional" seems to be a very popular word with the Singaporeans. I am probably reading into this top much.

Your fears are groundless. Your phoneline is not tapped. You are not being followed by agents of an enemy secret service. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. If you don't see the fnords they can't eat you.

Return to “General Discussions”