Singapore Expats Forum

Have you noticed the litter?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 27 Jun 2004 2:21 am

Hey Everyone

Not moaning here, but have recently been in Singapore for a short visit. I live in UK and am British but lived in Sing for eight years, and boy, did I notice the difference on Orchard Road in the evening, litter wise. Really, it was a big shock. There never used to be that much stuff blowing around the pavements. Why is this? Less people clearing up, or are you getting more like us litterbugs here in Europe? Maybe I just walked downtown on a bad night, or has anyone else noticed this. Not dreadful by any means, but noticeable.
Bubbles.

monicae

Postby monicae » Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:25 am

Which Part of Orchard is that? I haven't noticed cos I haven't been there since the Singapore Sales. It's just too crowded for me.

Bubbles

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 28 Jun 2004 5:22 am

It was on the corner by Orchard Towers.........haha......not the best place to be at three on a Saturday night, but worth going to see the 'ladeez.'
What do Singaporeans think of the 'ladies' in question? From a Brit's point of view it's interesting and funny and quite sad also, in a way, but what it's like to a citizen of Sing is another matter. I think it adds that quirkiness to society. What do others think?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:05 pm

There is a lot of litter in Singapore - You just gotta know where to find the good stuff...

Go to any of the back alleys of Bugis, Tanjong Pagar or Geyland and theres plenty - Gives a sense of sanity sometimes :wink:

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 08 May 2006 8:22 pm

Was this the first ever Bubbles posting?!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:08 am

Love this retro posting....but pleezzee.....don't bring back the bad times.....
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.