Singapore Expats Forum

Fitness trainer

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Middle management woman

Fitness trainer

Postby Middle management woman » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 4:48 pm

Hi,
Are there any fitness trainers in woodlands area, who can be a personal trainer. I need to lose weight before my marraige in Oct. Can be male or female. Need to know the rate also.Thanks
Please include your e mail address.

has_rashid

Need Help

Postby has_rashid » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:00 am

Who am I kidding? I have ballooned and my self-destruction scheme has proven to be extremely successful. Earlier this year I promised to make the most earnest new year resolution ever. I wanted to be fit and healthy. I measured 95kg then. I joined amore, had badminton sessions went for swimming but the frequency of it all reduced as the year ended and what do you know I now am back to 117kg. How did this happen? Really I wonder can it be anyone else's fault but myself?

My life is a complete mess. I realize I can't do this on my own yet I know I must. But it gets too hard. I think about all those times i tried, failed and backfired and am afraid to try again. I am more of an emotional eater, I stuff myself when I am depressed, frustrated, angry and even when I am too tired (which is happening a lot these days). I wish I have the motivation to lose weight on my own but I just can't.

I think I need a trainer who will not give up on me and one who would believe me. I need to have a group to enjoy my activities coz alone I feel wierd doing it. I too need a trainer in woodlands. Are there any out there I can engage?

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:11 am

your personal trainer can only do as much in pushing you thru the exercises, giving you the knowledges on what to eat and not. in the end, it's all up to you. most of the time, when the trainer has left, we'll get back to our old self and start eating all the nice foods. especially after exercise alittle while or after some starving at work, we all tend to forget that we are what we eat.
IBMing

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Need Help

Postby locallass » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:46 am

has_rashid wrote:
I am more of an emotional eater, I stuff myself when I am depressed, frustrated, angry and even when I am too tired (which is happening a lot these days). I wish I have the motivation to lose weight on my own but I just can't.

Maybe that's the crux of the problem. Your weight is as much an emotional as a physical issue. If you can find other ways of dealing with unhappiness, your next fitness plan will have a much better way of suceeding.

froggie

Postby froggie » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 9:04 pm

Hi has_rashid,
briceloh and locallass are both very correct. you need to identify the events in your life that are affecting you, set some specific goals to solve your problems and work on them. It seems that you have other stuff that's bothering you apart from your wish to lose weight. Don't lump all your problems as one. I guess reading your post I would want to encourage you although I admit that losing weight is tough and requires a lot of determination. Have confidence in yourself. If after reading this you still feel like engaging a trainer to help kickstart your weight loss goals, write to my personal trainer Ray at rayteo@singnet.com.sg. He should be able to conduct sessions in Woodlands, although I usually do my sessions in town. Whatever you may decide, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope that you won't give up. :D

locallass
Chatter
Chatter

Postby locallass » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:25 pm

has_rashid> Like you, I’ve struggled with weight problems, but in the reverse. I’ve always been a skinny scrawny girl who could never seem to put on weight despite many, and I mean many, repeated attempts. But I got to the weight that I am now not only from working out regularly at the gym but also changing my lifestyle, eating habits and way of approaching problems. So I can relate to how you feel.

Perhaps I can offer some practical advice here:

(1) List down all the things you are unhappy with in your life. Then separate them into (i) what you can change and (ii) what you cannot. Come up with an action plan for the former, with goals and timelines. For the latter, accept that things will always be the same and learn to let go. It’s either that or to remain pissed and carry this deadweight with you wherever you go. Trust me, the former option is a much easier one.

(2) List down all the things that make you happy and will help you deal with everyday stress/frustrations. They could be things that
- make you feel good about yourself, e.g. new haircut, manicure/pedicure, massage, facial
- calming, e.g. taking a warm bath, listening to soothing music, going for a walk, drinking a hot cup of the most fragrant tea
- distracting, e.g. watching a funny movie, reading a book, playing online games
- helps you to get emotional support, i.e. going out with friends

I personally find sports very good. Whenever I am angry or frustrated, I go for a good run at the treadmill or attend an intensive cardio class at the gym. After a heart-pumping workout, all my stress (and built-up aggression) is gone. And because I’m tired, I sleep like a baby when I get home and don’t mull over my problems unnecessarily

(3) Consider changing your approach or attitude to problems. I’m not saying that you have problems in this area. But I find that a lot of stress can be avoided if we remain positive, optimistic and patient.

(4) Stop snacking. If you can’t, snack on healthy stuff instead. I used to suffer from this problem too- I liked to eat potato chips whenever I’m stressed. It was my way of coping. I wouldn’t gain any weight but I would get a breakout on my face :( To deal with this problem, I started stocking up the fridge with fruits and low-fat yogurt instead. Nowadays I go for weeks, even months, without craving for potato chips.

(5) Sign up for gym classes. I know what you mean about not having the motivation. I used to do nothing but weights to build up body mass but it was incredibly boring. Classes are a lot more fun and you get to make new friends. Don’t worry about struggling in the first few sessions. You’re expected to and nobody will give you a hard time about it.

I’m always nervous whenever I attend a class for the first time. But I make it a point to go early, smile at the people walking in and say hi. Most people are happy to exchange tips and talk about the other classes they’ve attended. I’ve made a couple of work-out buddies this way.

(6) Last but not least, don’t give up on yourself!!! Whenever you reach out for comfort foods, think of how miserable you felt at your heaviest. Tell yourself that you’re making things worse, not better. To lose your discipline now means that all the hard excruciating work you’ve put in at the gym will be totally lost. Is that all worth it?

Okay, I hope all my advice will be helpful to you. All these may mean significant changes to your life, but you’ll be a happier person for them, not to mention keep your weight problem under long-term control. Best of luck has_rashid and remember not to give up!!!

Re: Need Help

Postby Guest » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:48 pm

has_rashid wrote:Who am I kidding? I have ballooned and my self-destruction scheme has proven to be extremely successful. Earlier this year I promised to make the most earnest new year resolution ever. I wanted to be fit and healthy. I measured 95kg then. I joined amore, had badminton sessions went for swimming but the frequency of it all reduced as the year ended and what do you know I now am back to 117kg. How did this happen? Really I wonder can it be anyone else's fault but myself?

My life is a complete mess. I realize I can't do this on my own yet I know I must. But it gets too hard. I think about all those times i tried, failed and backfired and am afraid to try again. I am more of an emotional eater, I stuff myself when I am depressed, frustrated, angry and even when I am too tired (which is happening a lot these days). I wish I have the motivation to lose weight on my own but I just can't.

I think I need a trainer who will not give up on me and one who would believe me. I need to have a group to enjoy my activities because alone I feel wierd doing it. I too need a trainer in woodlands. Are there any out there I can engage?

G'day mate write to lee_vys@yahoo mate and we'll take it from there. As for the fees,no worries about that,it'll be discussed and depends on the routine tailored for you.

zajoe

fitness trainer

Postby zajoe » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 8:48 pm

hi, im a certified trainer, you can email me at zajoe@hotmail.com or call my mobile 98511330. i do house training everywhere in singapore.
think health now

CHI

Postby CHI » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:00 pm

We are starting a Fitness Bootcamp in Singapore this month, afordable and fun way to work out and get in shape. Central location 2 mornings per week. info@chi.com.sg

up2wind

Postby up2wind » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 3:46 am

wow.. bootcamps. interesting. Can give more details on this? Like where's da location.? Any webby?

Cheers

jaslynk
Regular
Regular

Re: Fitness trainer

Postby jaslynk » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 7:45 pm

Middle management woman wrote:Hi,
Are there any fitness trainers in woodlands area, who can be a personal trainer. I need to lose weight before my marraige in Oct. Can be male or female. Need to know the rate also.Thanks
Please include your e mail address.

I do know a female instructor, her name is Audrey. She's also a personal trainer, she has many years of experience. She might be able to help you. She only accept female customers. Bellow is her email address, feel free to email her. 8)

Audrey D'cotta
adcotta@singnet.com.sg
Fitness Instructor cum Personal Trainer
Also teach RPM, Body Combat, Body Pump in Planet Fitness Gym