Singapore Expats Forum

I don't know about you.....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

I don't know about you.....

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 6:04 am

I don't know about anyone else but is it just me or are there some really weird topics on the board right now? First there were two about 'colours' and I'm guessing the people were on some sort of 'trip' when they wrote it....then tonight there's three about not speaking Chinese.....and with lots of little 'squares' in the text.

Am I going bonkers or is everyone out there eating something I'm not?

If so, don't pass it to me ta.

lol
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Postby Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 7:11 am

There is nothing weird about any topics over here. People are just expressing their feelings on topics that concern them and nothing else.

Postby Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 9:53 am

The views they were presenting are very personal & extreme. I doubt anyone here will agree with them. And their English is so poor that the message did not make any sense to most people.

kansah
Regular
Regular

Postby kansah » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:07 am

I was taken aback by the topics about colors. But I figured somebody must want to exercise his brain muscle and just hasn't found anybody to discuss his views on colors :wink:

And I think the text in chinese with a lot of boxes on it were actually written in chinese (which is why we can't view it)

Oh well, each to his own, i guess
Think of the solution; not the problem.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 4:55 pm

I beg to differ about some topics not being 'weird.' OK, if one is going to be open to all sorts of thoughts, from everyone all over the world, then yes, nothing is weird.
But surely after growing up, learning and getting to be an adult you cannot forever sit on the fence about every issue, everywhere, all the time?
That's what opinions are.....formed views of the world. And as for me, and most people, such wooly and unformed posts as the 'colour' one will always seem strange.
I did not say that people don't have the right to say what they want, Lord forbid that should ever be, but for a general discussion site they were 'unusual' and yes, to my mind, weird.
OK?
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Postby English Gent » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 5:29 pm

Bubbles,

There's nowt more queer than folk. Yorkshire saying.
Looking to meet or chat with interesting woman from all over...and eat them.