Singapore Expats

Converters for NTSC TV

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
ComingtoSingapore

Converters for NTSC TV

Post by ComingtoSingapore » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 3:45 am

Will be moving from the US to Singapore soon. Would like to bring in my 53" SONY projection TV (NTSC, 110V). Are there converters available to convert local PAL signals to NTSC? Can we get them at the local electronics stores or say Mustafa? Approximately, how much do they cost? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

converter

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 9:14 pm

i bought my ntsc tv over to singapore and have yet to find a way to convert the PAL signal. I cannot find any converters on sale. Please post if someone found a solution

arrow

Post by arrow » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 2:50 pm

There're plenty of Pal/NTSC converters available. You should be able to find them at Sim Lim or Funan IT Center.

But as for you TV (US-Made), do note that the voltage for most (in fact, I think all) of Asian Countries are 220-240V instead of 110-120 (as is found in USA/Canada).

Projector TVs are cheap now. Why not just sell off your tv there and get another here? :)

p/s: Welcome to Singapore

Yutenji
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Yutenji » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 5:22 pm

Hi,

Previous post by arrow makes a good point, but also try here ...

www.world-import.com/cmd850.htm

Better still, sell the old TV in the US, buy a good one here that handles both NTSC and PAL, then you can take it back to the US when you return.

Good luck

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 7:10 pm

NTSC stands for Never The Same Color, correct?? :P
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”