Singapore Expats

SingTel vs Starhub

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Gillian

SingTel vs Starhub

Post by Gillian » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:45 am

I just arrived in Singapore and the mobile price plans for Singtel and starhub seems very competitve (almost similar type of plans).

Which should I apply for- I am new to Singapore and really have no idea on their reliabiliy, coverage and after sale service.

Can anyone advise? 8)

Re: SingTel vs Starhub

Post by Guest » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:59 am

Gillian wrote:I just arrived in Singapore and the mobile price plans for Singtel and starhub seems very competitve (almost similar type of plans).

Which should I apply for- I am new to Singapore and really have no idea on their reliabiliy, coverage and after sale service.

Can anyone advise? 8)
definately singtel. Their coverage is like none other.

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Re: SingTel vs Starhub

Post by Sonus » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 2:53 pm

Gillian wrote:I just arrived in Singapore and the mobile price plans for Singtel and starhub seems very competitve (almost similar type of plans).

Can anyone advise? 8)
Yes, their plans are almost similar. It is up to you to compare which plan highly suitable to your lifestyle or usage.

For example;
1) No. of free sms
2) Incoming/Outgoing calls charges (some are free)
3) Amount of free talktime
4) Free extra services like (Autoroam, caller ID & etc...)

You be the judge. :wink:

Post by Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:20 pm

Checkout the Starhub free international call plan first before you make decission.

Starhub offer free international call to USA, Chian, Hong Kong, Malaysia and some other contries by charging only local call rate.

Just another way of saving if you are from those country listed.

I am using Starhub, no problem in Singapore and oversea roaming

Starhub Sucks

Post by Starhub Sucks » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 9:02 am

I have been using Starhub since their inception. I haven't tried Singtel but if you want good service, do NOT go to Starhub. Their service is is utterly crap.

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Post by jhkim » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 7:53 pm

I signed with starhub due to free IDD and cheap phones that they offer. So far no complains. I am very partcular about the clarity of sound and so far I am satisfied. I was with ATT in NYC and they are crap!!!

As far as the plans go...they are dumb....they are all same!!! No matter how I arrange they all end up with same price......

Whats the freakin difference between 300 free minute at 47 bucks and 100 minute free at 25 bucks and 15 cents per minute!!!!!!!!!!

Using both plan if you use 400 minute....price is similar.....what an idotic plans....they all same basically with little free sms here and there.....

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Post by Fuz182 » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:00 am

Well, if you're a PR or Singaporean citizen, there're many other cheaper alternatives. You've just got to look hard enough. I've come across a few and am currently using one that charges only 5 cents a minute.
In Life's school of war,
That which does not Destroy you,
Only makes you stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post by Guest » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 8:57 pm

I didn't know that Starhub green card(topup) get charged for incoming calls... :?

Post by Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 3:46 pm

Dont get trick by Starhub. There is a lot of gimmick, prefer M1.

They have not returning my deposit of $30 for a remote control(from cable TV) returned to them some 2 years back. I was told it was not in their record though they have stamped as receipt on my invoice which i faxed to them and they said they have no record....

You can help me by not patronise this company for bad service and overcharged me. Thanks !!

Good luck !!

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 12 May 2006 2:14 am

Do check out the asterisks and symbols and fine prints and ... :o
Anonymous wrote:I didn't know that Starhub green card(topup) get charged for incoming calls... :?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.