Singapore Expats Forum

Little Britain

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

toxictanktops

Little Britain

Postby toxictanktops » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:10 pm

.....will be starting this Sunday on Star wold at 10pm.

I caught a few episodes from the first season a few years ago, and loved it.

DOes anybody have it on VCD/ DVD , and you wouldn't mind lending it to me? The VideoEZy that I have an account with does not stock LB. :(

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Little Britain

Postby newgirl » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:32 pm

I want that one!

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 9:02 pm

Be prepared to be insulted, astonished and shocked Singapore. Having said that it's the funniest thing I've seen on tv. And NO....don't be offended....it targets everyone....gays, racism, teen pregnancies, lust for older people, infirmity, mental illness, actors, women, men, fat people...the list goes on and on.

Being Welsh I particularly love Dafydd 'The Only Gay In The Village.'

Please look at it as it is, just a send up of how people view these situations. Our darkest thoughts made fun of.

It really is very funny honestly, that is if you don't take the issues to heart and go with the flow.

There was an hysterically funny scene last week where an engaged couple got their parents together for the first time. The groom to be kept saying 'Bitty' to his mum....(Bitty sometimes used for titty by little kids when breastfeeding) I won't spoil it for you but it was so gross that you just HAD to laugh.

Bubbs.

anne

Postby anne » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:04 am

Anne
eh ehh ehhh!
Is definitely my favourite character. has me in stitches everytime I see it.

I have the Little Britain DVD from the UK. If you are near East Coast You can borrow it

Steve

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 9:52 pm

There was an hilarious one on last night about Anne....and it DEFINITELY will be censored in Singapore, unless you have the videos.

She goes to the park with her 'doctors' and throws bread into the pond for the ducks, first a slice, then a loaf, then a tin of something....killing the ducks on the way I guess.........then..........well, now I'm going to offend....but she's supposed to be a woman, right?...in her nightie in the park, chucking bread in..........then she wees in the pond...like a man would do....sorry, doesn't seem funny, but believe me, it's so shocking that you just HAVE to laugh.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Ophelia

Postby Ophelia » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:14 pm

You forgot the picture flick book Anne was working on :lol:

sth

Postby sth » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:44 pm

Anne's good. But for true political incorrectness (with a liberal dose of Python), how about the ladies that are invited to judge the jam at the village fete..? She likes the jam until she hears who has made it and then throws up. I do like Daffyd Thomas. Vicky Pollard ( may be a bit lost on those who aren't quite up on chavness)...

newgirl
Regular
Regular

Little Britain Avatars

Postby newgirl » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:01 pm

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:41 pm

Hysterical....just watched Dafydd and It's a sin on the above link of videos.....

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:44 pm

Vicky Pollard....going to school to give her ex classmates a talk on how she 'overcame' (yeah, right) her bad start in 'life'.....goes in, sells hooky gear then leaves her baby in the pushchair and someone says, 'Hey Vicky, what about the baby?'............She says, 'Never mind, I got plenty more at home......'

Sorry, laughing here.

Dylan Thomas.

Sg Girl

Postby Sg Girl » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:56 pm

I loved the first ep of Little Britain, esp Dafydd.

The first Brit comedy I came by was BlackAdder. I thought that was hilarious :lol: