Singapore Expats Forum

Hip Hop Dance

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Vinz

Hip Hop Dance

Postby Vinz » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3:27 pm

Hi everybody,

Im a french student doing his intersnship in Singapore, and Im just looking for HIPHOP DANCERS in Singapore ...
Tell me where I can practise for free, or even meet others dancers !! :D

I prefer Newschool HipHop Dance like Newstyle (Freestyles??) or House Dance, but I 've already practised Breakdancing, Poppin or Lockin ...

:) Peace All :)

tips
Regular
Regular

Postby tips » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3:37 pm

hey

just join us everywednesday n fridays...we go to hip hop places

tips

Vinz

Postby Vinz » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 5:26 pm

Thanks Tips, :D

But is it clubbin or training ?? I m looking for training session :wink:

Anyway, I saw the Marck Ecko dance competition at Somerset this week-end, and I read that a dance studio did workshops during the festival: The STUDIO WU ...

Tell me it is a good studio ?? A bit expensive for a single class ... but maybe becoz the intrustors are good and the level is high :) I hope so !

Otherwise What is the best studio to practise Hip Hop dance ?

:) Peace All :)

javer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby javer » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 5:33 pm

well, Vinz... Studio Wu's one of the expensive schools here... i've actualli done a research on this...
you may wanna try this places out :
Dance Arts Studio
Dino Dance School
Jitterbugs Swingapore.

you can look them up in yahoo.com.sg for their webbies.

by going for single classes are a little more expensive than their packages, so why not take up their packages?

most of these schools, their beginner teachers is Patrick Loo(i think it's this surname). he's a teacher here that has the experience, studied dance in LA Uni and has quite a respectable reputation for hip hop dances. he was also one of the judge for the most recent hip hop dance competition held just not too long ago during the Sigapore Arts' Festival.

another scholl i've come across is just opp Clark Quay Mrt station. i cant remember the name of the school but i know it quite affordable cuz i ever did call in to check their rates.

happy searching!

JJ

Postby JJ » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:28 am

Hi, Vinz! I was seeking some hiphop training programme as well. But then I felt stupid to mix up with the local teenagers, so ended up in prectising at home. However, Attica every Wed hiphop night is not a bad idea. I know a couple of good dancers there. Maybe you can give a try. I'll be there tomorrow I think...

The only problem is the limit of space. It's getting more and more crowded each week. So I'd rather start exercising after 2am also because they'll play some Sean Paul, Usher, Ciara.... those songs which are easy to do new school.

Anyway, hope to see you there!
No, no, you are silly sausage...

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Postby Fuz182 » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:47 am

The School opposite Clarke Quay MRT IS LA Dance connection. IT's gaining popularity and the rates are reasonable.
In Life's school of war,
That which does not Destroy you,
Only makes you stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

javer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby javer » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 5:34 pm

Fuz182 wrote:The School opposite Clarke Quay MRT IS LA Dance connection. IT's gaining popularity and the rates are reasonable.

i agree... *nod nod*
Belial - Personification of Evil; Synonym for Satan; Angel of Lawlessness;

Vinz

Postby Vinz » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 7:25 pm

:D Thanks Guys :D

xkinkikidx

hi..can i join u?

Postby xkinkikidx » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:22 pm

Hi, Vinz

i have many french friends here, and sometimes go to their french house parties.. but no one like hip hop dance.. i wanna join u if u dont mind.. but i m really new on this. let me know.. u can also join me in the french parties..

Jay
Little J.'s Diary

<People>

Fonz

Postby Fonz » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:25 pm