Singapore Expats Forum

Where have all the posts gone?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Where have all the posts gone?

Postby Fohls » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:11 am

Is anyone else having probs with their post counter? Yesterday i had over 150 posts, today I'm back down to 130 something?? Whats going on this keeps happening? Wierd.

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 7:55 pm

I must admit before I noticed twice that my post count went down and both times I just let it slide thinking maybe my memory served me wrong...
But now apparently it's not only me...

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:31 pm

I've had this issue as well.

Asked some of the mods, and there are a possible reasons is you may posted in the classifieds section, and such posts are auto deleted after 30 days.

Otherwise, methinks theres a black hole swirling round out here in this little bit of cyberspace. :?
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:13 am

seraphim wrote:I've had this issue as well.

Asked some of the mods, and there are a possible reasons is you may posted in the classifieds section, and such posts are auto deleted after 30 days.

Otherwise, methinks theres a black hole swirling round out here in this little bit of cyberspace. :?

well I'm glad it's not only me, that is missing posts, I've actually had quite a few deleted. that I do know have been deleted, but cannot prove it.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:59 am

Not to add to the fray, but I have actually noticed that whole *threads* have disappeared. Namely the original squash thread and my thread about air tickets to Langkawi....whats up with that? :?:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans

they play creole...Creole, baby

Pinky
Regular
Regular

Postby Pinky » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 3:02 am

Same thing has happen to me, and no I am not talking about posts in the 'classified' section. Been going back and forth between 70 and 90 posts (by the way this should be post number 89 for me).

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 4:24 pm

What do you mean by 'posts?' Do you mean that some days there are no replies to the questions and others lots?

Or do you get an indication in your email (if you're a member) that there are new postings?

Or do you mean personal messages into our mailboxes? If so, I've never had one!!! sob sob.

Postby Guest » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 9:19 pm

Bubbs wrote:What do you mean by 'posts?' Do you mean that some days there are no replies to the questions and others lots?

Or do you get an indication in your email (if you're a member) that there are new postings?
Or do you mean personal messages into our mailboxes? If so, I've never had one!!! sob sob.

receiving indications via emails not to respond to some of the posts because they happen to be from the person with different names. How very nasty!!!

Bubbs

Postby Bubbs » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:47 pm

What the bleeding hell you on about you silly git?
If you're a member on here most of what we say is out there, in the public domain. Hence this upfront message to you, whoever you are. There is another facility whereby you can send a mail to one of the other members but I ASSURE you it is very rarely, if ever, used to slag off other members or to NOT reply because of a 'different name.' Are you nuts or something?
This is open to everyone, and you too can join if you wish, though to be honest if I were a moderator I'd not want someone as narrow minded as you as a member.
Get real mate.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:49 pm

And here I am in my 'member mode' that was me, bubbs, the last postee, still as annoyed with the previous brainless person as before!!!
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Postby Guest » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:54 pm

Bubbs wrote:What the bleeding hell you on about you silly git?
If you're a member on here most of what we say is out there, in the public domain. Hence this upfront message to you, whoever you are. There is another facility whereby you can send a mail to one of the other members but I ASSURE you it is very rarely, if ever, used to slag off other members or to NOT reply because of a 'different name.' Are you nuts or something?
This is open to everyone, and you too can join if you wish, though to be honest if I were a moderator I'd not want someone as narrow minded as you as a member.
Get real mate.

Rattle on, rattle snake.

Postby Guest » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:05 pm

Bubbs wrote:What the bleeding hell you on about you silly git?
Get real mate.

Yeah, we know your two faced tactics, so don't worry lah.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 4:55 am

I suppose everyone has to put up with a few really stupid people in life and you appear to be one (or two) of them.

Talk about not getting the right end of the stick and twisting things. Always a sign of a poorly educated mind I find!!

Take that and stick it where the sun don't shine whoever you are.

Dylan Thomas.

Postby Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 6:52 am

Bubbles wrote:I suppose everyone has to put up with a few really stupid people in life and you appear to be one (or two) of them.

Talk about not getting the right end of the stick and twisting things. Always a sign of a poorly educated mind I find!!

Take that and stick it where the sun don't shine whoever you are.

Look who's talking!!!!!

Number one hypocrite!!!!!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 4:58 pm

Tired of this person's sad little tirades now, so carry on shouting in the darkness dumbo, I'm not going to read any more of your sorry little posts.

Dylan Thomas.