Singapore Expats

Useless information

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Useless information

Post by Kimi » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:36 am

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 !!

There are only four words in the English language that end with -dous: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.

Why Paris is considered one of the most romantice place?
Norm:

Can you explain to our audience why Paris is among the top romantic
venues in the world?

Thirza:

Everyone asks me this same question, on every interview. The answer I give is always the same, and best resumed in the introduction to "Romantic Paris". Rather than paraphrase, let me quote directly from my book:

"For decades I tried to figure out why Paris is shrouded in such mystique. Granted, walks at night along the Seine are enchanting, but that alone cannot explain why the very mention of Paris had always conjured up tales of romance, well before it was blessed with gas or electricity, well before its exquisitely lit street-corners were replicated the world over in black-and-white print. After all, medieval Paris was a dark den of filth, reeking with nauseous stench, and the two sinister prison fortresses that jutted out of its skyline could hardly have been conducive to romance. Not to mention the 32 rotting corpses dangling in the offing when the royal gallows was used to full capacity. Yet the myth has been perpetuated for a good thousand years.

I racked my brains, I dug into the past, I travelled into my own psyche looking for an answer, but I came back empty-handed. There simply is no answer. There lies the beauty of the enigma. Paris is poetry, Paris is mystery, Paris is beauty-an exasperating decoy that never quite delivers, all the more compelling for its imperfection, the archetypal reservoir of all our passions...."
PS: Even though I agree that breathtaking views can be seen as romantic even when you're all alone, but having a pleasant company is better than any view I suppose...which can be anywhere!

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

you're a treasure trove, Kimi!

Post by seraphim » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:45 am

LOL!

Again Kimi! :D
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby