Singapore Expats Forum

fri 24jun - culture club

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
minhwa

fri 24jun - culture club

Postby minhwa » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:47 pm

~~ do u really want to hurt me ~~ do u really want to make cry ~~

hahaha .. no boy georgie here lah :)

interested in culture, history, and philosophy? fancy a night of mental exchange? prefer a lighter nite out at a cafe, instead of cramming into the pubs?

this fri, i am going to the asian civilization museum empress. if interested to join moir, pls post here (so others can see interest level), and also pm me your real name and number. i will reply with mine.

program ..
6pm - gandhara exhibit

7pm - Talk: The Tang Wreck By Dr Edwards McKinnon, Visiting Fellow, Asia Research Institute

Sometime in early the 9th century a Persian dhow foundered and sank off the coast of Pulau Belintung. Over a thousand years later the wreck would be discovered, and its cargo, the largest collection of Chinese export ceramics ever found, brought to the surface. Dr Edwards will be speaking on this unique marine archaeological discovery, the wreck and the importance of its cargo, which along with ceramics also contained gold and silver ingots and Tang Chinese repousse work, to our understanding of trade and contact between China, and West Asia.

8pm - vatican exhibit

9pm < 12pm - late dinner? drinks?

*fyi - i am 35m malaysian, and not looking :)

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 9:02 am

hi minwha,
haha.. the voluntary details on yourself.. but i can understand.

Anyway, unfortunately i have something on this friday night. Otherwise, would love to join you. I wanna see the Vatican artifacts. Thinking of bringin an old friend who's will be in town to have a visit tho, maybe Sat morning.. but it depends on what time she touches down on friday :)

-sherly

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:44 am

oh hello sherly!

u can see how excited people are with museum and culture threads. aw .. that's a pity .. u r one of the very rare few who responded, and i was hoping at least u can come. oh well, nvm, another time ya :)

haha .. yeh, volunteered my 'bio' info for exactly the reasons u understood.

visitor? i had visitors too last weekend. we took the river taxi from hill street to fullerton, only $5 .. it was FANTASTIC! a full 30mins round trip is only $13 .. i cant wait to try. suggest u board from the hill st station coz there is hardly any queue, and u may get a whole boat to yourself.

8)