Singapore Expats

Results Not Obvious

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Gues

Results Not Obvious

Post by Gues » Thu, 24 Jun 2004 9:12 am

Hi Veteran,

I am new to fitness concept but i alwalys hope that i have the same figure as those muscular guys out there in the gym. That motivates me to sign up for the gym membership at one of the local gym club near where i stay.

I work out 3 times per week, on alternate days, about 2 hours each time. After 2 months of hardwork, however and sadly, the results is not obvious. Nothing seem to have improve. I am rather disappointed.

Can it be my daily meals that doesnt fit into the body-building definition? Is taking hi-protein, hi-fat, and hi-energy food help? Or should i increase the work-out period and frequency? I am rather disappointed and i really hope you can give advices. Thanks!

jpatokal

Re: Results Not Obvious

Post by jpatokal » Thu, 24 Jun 2004 7:55 pm

Gues wrote:Can it be my daily meals that doesnt fit into the body-building definition? Is taking hi-protein, hi-fat, and hi-energy food help? Or should i increase the work-out period and frequency? I am rather disappointed and i really hope you can give advices. Thanks!
Protein good. Fat bad. But what are your aims? Do you want to lose weight, gain muscle mass, increase your endurance, ...?

IMHO 2 hours 3 times a week is already a fairly heavy regimen, what are you actually doing during all that time? If you're not careful (and/or not eating enough) and you work out too hard, you're just catabolizing all your muscles away.

And you should probably make an appointment with a professional fitness trainer. There's one lurking on this very board...

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Fri, 25 Jun 2004 1:24 am

haha jpatokal..

i did'nt know i was 'lurking' around.. but its true i always frequent this board... i call it surfing though.. heh.. :P

;)

-sharm-
http://www.guruFITNESS.com