Singapore Expats Forum

anyone knows if usa independence day's fireworks is on?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
minhwa

anyone knows if usa independence day's fireworks is on?

Postby minhwa » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 2:53 am

anyone knows if the us embassy, like every year, is organising the independence day carnival at terror club? should be 2nd july right? still open to public?

thanks ahead for sharing info :)

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 4:47 am

Yes, can't give more details as I don't want to wake up hubby...I couldn't sleep. Have you been before? Is it worth it?

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 9:10 am

wake up hubby!

haha .. i dont need details, just if u know for sure its on the 2nd july. so, u know for a sure thing eh. i have been tasked to organise an outing to it, wont be funny (downright hilarious) if no one is there but us!

i went in 2002, and 2003. its fantastic! i dont care much for the carnival, just expensive food. but, as a north american, u may enjoy the atmosphere - typical american life scenes - father and son throwing ball, frisbee flying, sausages on the grill, country song on the stage, people dancing, people guzzling beer, people eating too much, people sprawl on the lawn, etc ..

the fireworks, whoa .. thats the ultimate icing. at 730 or 8, ie. when its finally dark, there will be a what seems like 20mins display. best vantage point is to just lie down on the lawn, and watch it explode right above. its pretty up close to, but no danger. very, very nice!

by yes, u mean u do knwo for a sure thing its on 2nd july and it STILL open to public?

mucho gracias!

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:27 pm

"Fabulous fireworks and great music planned for July 2"
That's the headline on the Singapore American June 2005 newspaper.
4p.m.-2a.m. at PSA Sembawang. For more information-6738-0371 or
www.aasingapore.com

I took my children back to the States several years ago and that was their first experience of 4th of July fireworks. They loved it! We went to several small towns and their displays as well as purchasing fireworks and having their own displays with the relatives. So I'm glad to hear that this display is worth it. Not really interested in all the other stuff, but we'll have a look and see.

As I write this, who is sound asleep next to me, again, Hubby!!! :lol:

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 1:19 am

thanks matney!! that is exactly the kinda of assurance i need. now i can proceed to plan with full confidence.

ok .. shhhh ..

FourthofJulyParty

rocked!

Postby FourthofJulyParty » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 5:11 pm

the fourth of july party was the bomb. i definitely recommend it for next year to all who may have missed out .

the food was awesome. biggest hot dogs found in singapore. And nice microbrews.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Re: rocked!

Postby MusicFever » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 2:34 pm

FourthofJulyParty wrote:the fourth of july party was the bomb. i definitely recommend it for next year to all who may have missed out .

Not sure if I am still in Singapore in the summer of next year......but it reminded me some similar fun I had in German Beer Festival last year in Swiss club.....still remember hundreds of ppl were dancing on the tables and benches with arms on each other's shoulders.... Normally it will be held in early Nov every year, according to my friend who brough me there but has left Singapore. Possibly I will go there again this year. Will keep anyone interested informed....
Cheers! 8)

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 2:49 pm

MusicFever wrote:
FourthofJulyParty wrote:the fourth of july party was the bomb. i definitely recommend it for next year to all who may have missed out .

Not sure if I am still in Singapore in the summer of next year......but it reminded me some similar fun I had in German Beer Festival last year in Swiss club.....still remember hundreds of ppl were dancing on the tables and benches with arms on each other's shoulders.... Normally it will be held in early Nov every year, according to my friend who brough me there but has left Singapore. Possibly I will go there again this year. Will keep anyone interested informed....
Cheers! 8)

I think you mean the "Oktoberfeste", which is... in october. You should vivit the real thing in Munich in Germany, makes you think these Germans are a bunch of strange people, drinking themselves almost to death, walking around in "lederhosen" (the most awful clothing piece one can imgaine, a leather shorts) and silly little hats on their drunken heads.

But definately interesting here as well, went last year to Millenium Walk to the Paulaner Gasthaus over there.

Eric

Postby Guest » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:06 pm

MusicFever wrote:[
Not sure if I am still in Singapore in the summer of next year......Cheers! 8)

hey, what do you mean by that? you're not going to leave me here right? noone to dance with :D

by the way, yeah.. Eris is right called Oktoberfest, but dont know why in Asia they celebrate it on Sept. You get a biiiiiiggggggg glass of beer... und kann auch bratwurst essen... yummie...

TLS ( lazy to log in :D )