Singapore Expats Forum

EP under process but quitting my job...

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Guest333

EP under process but quitting my job...

Postby Guest333 » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:07 pm

Hi,

I arrived here last week , 4 days into my new job here. I am unable to take the pressure and badly want to quit it. Probably take a break and look out for jobs later.

But I have my DP approved and yet to collect my DP card, which I will be doing coming Monday.

My EP application has been submitted by my employer just 4 days back.

I would like to know what might be the implications on the DP and in future if I apply for EP.

Please advice me on the same.

Javaguy

Postby Javaguy » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:52 pm

will affect the EP application. not a good record to allow another EP approval.

Why

Postby Why » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:25 am

Why are you quitting ? Did the company not tell you the full story before you started ?

I would say you should name the company so other people can beware of it - especially since you have only been there 4 days and want to leave !!!

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Re: EP under process but quitting my job...

Postby elizabeth » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:52 am

Guest333 wrote:Hi,

I arrived here last week , 4 days into my new job here. I am unable to take the pressure and badly want to quit it. Probably take a break and look out for jobs later.

But I have my DP approved and yet to collect my DP card, which I will be doing coming Monday.

My EP application has been submitted by my employer just 4 days back.

I would like to know what might be the implications on the DP and in future if I apply for EP.

Please advice me on the same.

Why you are only there for 4 days and you feel pressure, why dun you give yourself some more time before you make any decision. I think 4 days are a little to short to make such decision. Some more you are applying for a EP?