Singapore Expats Forum

Any scuba clubs in Sing?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Any scuba clubs in Sing?

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:46 am

Hi,

I'm moving to Singapore in a couple months and was wondering whether there are any clubs that organize monthly or weekly scuba trips around the region. Heard the diving isn't so good around Singapore but Tioman, Perhentians, etc. are very nice.

Anyone know anything??

Thanks!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 1:38 pm

Lots of clubs around here, scuba diving ia quite popular here in Singapore. In the Concorde shopping mall at beach Road you will find a good range of shops and clubs to choose from, I always go to Waikiki there, but you could just browse around if you like.

Most of them will organise tours / live aboard to Tioman and Pulau Aur, but of course you can also opt for Perhentian or Redang. The best diving in the region though is around Sipadan at east coast Sabah, where you no longer can stay on the island itself, but the diving there is still possible from boats leaving form neighbouring Pulau Mabul.

But also Thailand (Kho Tao, Similan) and Indonesia (Gili islands, Manado) and Phillipines offer superb diving. So, all in all, you're probably in the best part of the world for scuba diving :wink:

Eric

Guest 44

Postby Guest 44 » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 6:21 pm

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:25 am

Hey, would like to meet more divers too! Went to the Philippines last month and it was pretty cool.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:51 am

BTW,

I mean the concourse mall on Beach Road, concorde mall doesn't exist....

Eric

tequilabot

Postby tequilabot » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 2:53 pm

hi eric

look like you are a guru here. i can post my Q to you in future...
any www you can suggest for some grd work ..

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 3:54 pm

Hi tequilabottle,

Which questions you have and what url you want me to help you find?

I am certainly not a guru on scuba diving, but I did do quite a bit of diving around here in SE Asia.

Eric