Singapore Expats Forum

Travel buddies (Hanoi)

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
maven

Travel buddies (Hanoi)

Postby maven » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 2:59 pm

I'm planning to go backpacking in Hanoi for 4/5 days in July. Other than checking out the old quarters in the city, I would like to do day trips to Sapa (for the hill tribes) and Halong Bay. Would anyone be interested to come along? I’m looking for one, at the most two, other companion. It doesn’t matter whether you’re male or female and we don’t have to travel together all the time. But it would be nice to have company for dinner and to trade stories.

I'm Chinese, female and in my late 20s. I’ve backpacked across Europe and some parts of Australia and I’m pretty easy-going and independent when traveling. If you would like to check out Hanoi as well, please drop me a PM. I look forward to hearing from you.

maven

Postby maven » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 9:53 am

Sorry I cannot access my PM in-box. Is the system down? Can you email me at mavenmage@yahoo.com.sg instead? Thank you.

expatlady
Regular
Regular

Postby expatlady » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 6:49 pm

Hi Maven, how is it going?

maven

Postby maven » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 8:51 am

Hi expatlady,

Did you PM me? I can't open my inbox. Still in the midst of planning my trip. Tiger Airways is having a promotion till July 31- $150 for return tickets to Hanoi. Are you interested?

maven

Postby maven » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 9:14 am

To add on, twin rooms are available from USD$4 per person per night onwards. Food is also very cheap. This trip is unlikely to burn a hole in your pocket :)

expatlady
Regular
Regular

Postby expatlady » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:16 pm

maven wrote:Hi expatlady,

Did you PM me? I can't open my inbox. Still in the midst of planning my trip. Tiger Airways is having a promotion till July 31- $150 for return tickets to Hanoi. Are you interested?

Hi Maven,

You need at least 10 postings in order to see your inbox and do not post your email address here as advised by Moderators.

So any takers so far?

S$150 is great. I would like to join you if it is alright for 3 days. Let me know which dates exactly you're looking at?

Do post some info here for the time being...

Hope to hear from you more.

maven

Postby maven » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 5:21 pm

expatlady, check PM :)

neel

Hi !!!

Postby neel » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:46 am

Hie,

I m interested... plz let me know if u have any specific dates on ur mind. if u can let me know 10 days in advance i can plan my leave n join u for sure...

i m 25 male indian from UK came to singapore 2 weeks back. Would be working here with Barclays for a year. u can reach me at robinhood@rediffmail.com.

see ya

Neel