Singapore Expats Forum

sony PSP

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
groovemaster

sony PSP

Postby groovemaster » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:53 pm

hi, can anyone please tell me how much does a sony handheld PSP value pack costs on singapore? i am based in HK and will be in singapore soon on a six-month contract. thanks in advance.

Sonus
Regular
Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon, 08 Mar 2004
Location: HDB

Re: sony PSP

Postby Sonus » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 6:15 am

groovemaster wrote:hi, can anyone please tell me how much does a sony handheld PSP value pack costs on singapore? i am based in HK and will be in singapore soon on a six-month contract. thanks in advance.


You can check out the sites here.

http://www.sony.com.sg/psp/

http://www.expansys.com.sg/product.asp?code=119369

http://www.gamescore.com.sg/shop/index.php?cPath=22_38

http://www.ppcsg.com/lofiversion/index.php/t51618.html

groovemaster

sony PSP

Postby groovemaster » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 7:45 am

hey thanks heaps sonus! i find that singapore sells by the far the chepest compared to HK and japan even. cheers! :shock: :lol:

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:32 pm

BTW who has bought a PSP and is it worth the cash???

It seems like to buy you need 350 sing for base model no game - Then if you want a game look for 60-110. Carry case 20 sing and memory cards start weighing in at 150 sing for 512 mb

So all in all to get started your looking at roughly 610 sing - You only need to add a bit more and you can have a computer that does stuff...

Anyone got any opinions on this as I am thinking about buying one???

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:32 pm

I actually ordered the Value pack from Amazon.com and it was the cheapest at 250USD. Even after shipping, it was still cheaper than in SG, and the DVD region coding is 1, so i can order lots of movies from amazon if i get too lazy to rip/dl them.

Be aware that japan, US and SG sets have different movie region codes.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:34 pm

Bafana wrote:It seems like to buy you need 350 sing for base model no game - Then if you want a game look for 60-110. Carry case 20 sing and memory cards start weighing in at 150 sing for 512 mb


Games - you can get... erm... well, you can find some on the web and put them on your memory stick.

1GB Memstick Duos are 140SGD. If you paid 160 for 512 MB, you got ripped off.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Jedi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005

Postby Jedi » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 8:38 am

Bremen wrote:Be aware that japan, US and SG sets have different movie region codes.


How about http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=5325 this?

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:15 am

Jedi wrote:
Bremen wrote:Be aware that japan, US and SG sets have different movie region codes.


How about http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=5325 this?


That's for the PS2. We're referring to the PSP.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 1:36 pm

I bought one over the weekend and by the time they get ya for the valkue pack, a decent sized memory card for movies and music and a couple of games the price was enough to hurt leh.

BTW can you explain more on this movie region code thing? If you get a movie from the internet and load it into the memory will it always work - How to go about lah???

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 1:40 pm

Bafana wrote:I bought one over the weekend and by the time they get ya for the valkue pack, a decent sized memory card for movies and music and a couple of games the price was enough to hurt leh.

BTW can you explain more on this movie region code thing? If you get a movie from the internet and load it into the memory will it always work - How to go about lah???


Oh, in that case, yeah, it'll work. I'm referring to the UMD discs.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 6:37 pm

Bremen wrote:
Bafana wrote:I bought one over the weekend and by the time they get ya for the valkue pack, a decent sized memory card for movies and music and a couple of games the price was enough to hurt leh.

BTW can you explain more on this movie region code thing? If you get a movie from the internet and load it into the memory will it always work - How to go about lah???


Oh, in that case, yeah, it'll work. I'm referring to the UMD discs.


Thanks for that mate.

It will take me while to get used to it - Can you recommend any websites where I can download free movies in the right screen sizing (Any XXX as well lah :twisted: )

Thanks for all your feedbak on this issue BTW mate. :cool:

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:13 am

Bafana wrote:Thanks for that mate.

It will take me while to get used to it - Can you recommend any websites where I can download free movies in the right screen sizing (Any XXX as well lah :twisted: )

Thanks for all your feedbak on this issue BTW mate. :cool:


No problem... There are a couple good places to look. If you look at the bigger BitTorrent sites, they have a lot of stuff resized for PSP. Or you can resize it yourself easily. Some good links:

Convert DVD Movies for your PSP:
http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050328_convert_dvd_movies_for_your_sony_psp.html

GameAxis PSP resource forum:
http://forums.gameaxis.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158

PSP Homebrew (for downloding games onto the memorystick...):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStatio ... e_homebrew
http://www.1homebrew.com/
http://www.absoluteinsight.net/2583
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 9:29 pm

Thanks mate...

All Sites bookmarked and surfboard ready and waxed :cool:

User avatar
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Location: Island of Red Mud

Postby Bremen » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:56 pm

Bafana wrote:Thanks mate...

All Sites bookmarked and surfboard ready and waxed :cool:


Just remember not to flash your PSP software to the latest 2.0 version for a lot of these apps to work.

Oh, just remember not to look on BT sites for PSP games to copy onto your memorystick and run from there. I'm sure you would not be interested in the significant money savings this can involve, not to mention how fast the games load off the memorystick compared to a UMD. I, of course, would never recommend such a thing since it would be piracy, and this is not a good thing. I would also never say that I have many games on my memorystick and they all work perfectly. Nope, never. :wink:

*cough*
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Bafana
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun, 11 Apr 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby Bafana » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 1:38 pm

Bremen wrote:Just remember not to flash your PSP software to the latest 2.0 version for a lot of these apps to work.

Oh, just remember not to look on BT sites for PSP games to copy onto your memorystick and run from there. I'm sure you would not be interested in the significant money savings this can involve, not to mention how fast the games load off the memorystick compared to a UMD. I, of course, would never recommend such a thing since it would be piracy, and this is not a good thing. I would also never say that I have many games on my memorystick and they all work perfectly. Nope, never. :wink:

*cough*


Whats wrong with upgrading to version 2.0???

BTW Piracy is a terrible thing (Psst which is the best site for games lah :P )


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests