Singapore Expats Forum

minimum wage in singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

faithofanangel

minimum wage in singapore

Postby faithofanangel » Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:18 pm

im a filipina and i got hired by a manpower agency to man their singapore branch. dont need to worry for my room accomodation, electricity and water fees for they are all covered. but i want to know if 400 US$ is a fair salary rate?

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:07 am

What sort of work are you doing?

At first glance this appears very low especially if you intend to do more then just work - For example have a life...

How does it compare when translated into Peso's?

DespeRuth

Postby DespeRuth » Wed, 23 Jun 2004 1:10 pm

Filipina maids earn S$400 (taxes paid by employer)...

faithofanangel

minimum wage

Postby faithofanangel » Fri, 25 Jun 2004 9:40 pm

ill be working as a marketing and recruitment coordinator. for marketing, ill be doing mostly client calls for prospective companies to hire us as their manpower agency for their manpower pooling e.g IT, engineers (Filipinos) as recruitment coordinator- ill be incharge in accepting and processing the needed document for nurses for U.S. Job placement. Actually I'll be doing multi-tasking. I'll be the company's liaison officer, marketing agent and receptionist at the same time. I'll be alone until such time we can get clients to really support the operation.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sat, 26 Jun 2004 4:42 pm

Hi Faith

I think from your job discription you should be asking for more money...

Best of luck :wink:

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 26 Jun 2004 7:29 pm

Agreed. Singapore is not cheap (compared to the Philippines) and few jobs short of manual labor pay less than S$1000/month. US$400, accommodation, water and electricity is a (lucky) maid's salary...

faithofanangel

minimum wage

Postby faithofanangel » Sat, 26 Jun 2004 7:52 pm

Then, how much is the minimum wage in Singapore then? How much should I ask? at least I have a rate to peg on.

monicae

Postby monicae » Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:10 am

Basically you are the only employee in the office other then your boss?? Sounds like it. U should be asking for at least S$2,500.00 for what you're doing. Frankly even the guy that sweeps the park gets $900-$1200 a month. I think this company is trying to pull a fast one on you. It's rediculous!! Better do a back ground check on them. U don't want to be here and then they default on your salary.