Singapore Expats Forum

any PR status here?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

guess1

any PR status here?

Postby guess1 » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 3:29 pm

Good Day!! any information about PR status?If my husband is a PR how about the spouse and kids outside in Singapore?It is need to come personally to apply as a PR?It is also needed to apply seperately?Thanks.. :)

bizcatalyst
Regular
Regular

Postby bizcatalyst » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:43 pm

Good Day!! any information about PR status?If my husband is a PR how about the spouse and kids outside in Singapore?It is need to come personally to apply as a PR?It is also needed to apply seperately?Thanks..

Your husband should have something called Entry Permit and Re-Entry Permit. Spouse and children may join the PR to enter Singapore as Dependents using the Entry Permit and Re-Entry Permit. However, I am not sure if the dependents can get PR status automatically.

Good luck.

Bizcatalyst
Bizcatalyst

Everyone has taken position, ready to commence business as Unusual ............and all pigs are fed, ready to fly.

minhwa

Postby minhwa » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 3:17 am

no, the dependents do not get pr status automatically. u got to apply. and to make it exciting, they wont tell u the acid criteria. there are unspoken (unspeakable, despicable?) rules on nationality-race.

(ok, lets not start a debate on racism and whats right and wrong. that's not the thread starter's intention.)

unless the spouse is malaysian chinese, he/she usually got to be a degree holder, or perhaps in a skilled profession for many years. i know a filipino draughtsman of 10 years that got his pr very quickly and easily when he followed his nurse wife here.

you should visit www.sg. singapore generally welcome (and like) the paper qualified. good luck :)

thank you

Postby thank you » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 1:59 pm

:) Thanks for all the information......

Re: any PR status here?

Postby Guest » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 7:45 pm

guess1 wrote:Good Day!! any information about PR status?If my husband is a PR how about the spouse and kids outside in Singapore?It is need to come personally to apply as a PR?It is also needed to apply seperately?Thanks.. :)

Husband must earn 2500Sgd per month to get DP, So I would think that is the minimum for PR also.

coarls

Re: any PR status here?

Postby coarls » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 3:57 pm

guess1 wrote:Good Day!! any information about PR status?If my husband is a PR how about the spouse and kids outside in Singapore?It is need to come personally to apply as a PR?It is also needed to apply seperately?Thanks.. :)

8) if ever the case that your husband applies and gets PR status and includes you and the kids in the application...when the application gets approved and you go and finish up with the "formalities" they will require the spouse to be present during these "formalities" since you'll need to do thumbprinting for records purposes...

you'll just need all necessary documents to submit along the application not just as some "wiseguy" who said that you'll just go along with your wife who's a PR to get approved...there are some cases in which the principle applicant is approved and the spouse is rejected...
Ad astra per aspera...

guess1

Postby guess1 » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 8:44 am

how about if all the family members are moving there in Singapore and the immigration rejected their application,what will do? :(

Postby Guest » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:14 am

guess1 wrote:how about if all the family members are moving there in Singapore and the immigration rejected their application,what will do? :(

I think you can apply for social visit pass, and your husband must be local sponser for you and your children to stay.
Social visit pass maybe easier to get approved.

One thing on PR application.
If your children applies for PR they will have to go to National Service as they become the second generation PR holders.