Singapore Expats Forum

how to apply for my china gf if i wanna marry her...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sad boy

how to apply for my china gf if i wanna marry her...

Postby sad boy » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 3:05 pm

hi,
i am a singaporean. i had a china gf and i want to marry her. What are the procedures and processes that i need to go through in order to apply her. Also how much money do i need to apply her over to singapore?
i am holding a bankrupcy status and will clear this status 1 year later. If i clear my status will i be able to apply her over? can some helpful souls pls help me to solve my doubts.. really thanks alot... thank you....

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: how to apply for my china girlfriend if i want to marry

Postby ksl » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 3:03 am

sad boy wrote:hi,
i am a singaporean. i had a china girlfriend and i want to marry her. What are the procedures and processes that i need to go through in order to apply her. Also how much money do i need to apply her over to singapore?
i am holding a bankrupcy status and will clear this status 1 year later. If i clear my status will i be able to apply her over? can some helpful souls pls help me to solve my doubts.. really thanks alot... thank you....


Another one bites the dust!!!

Well sad boy! this should cheer you up, Out of all the many guys I have known, that married with mainland Chinese, you are the luckiest one. I know 5 guys, 3 Taiwanese men one Chinese from Denmark and one westerner from UK, have all been taken for a ride, that is to say, they only wanted the passport, to get out.

One of the Taiwanese guys, also lost 10 million in the process, his beautiful wife took the money and disappeard.

So I wouldn't feel so sad, unless you can vouch for this beauty, 100% or more, no feelings of loss, love and erection must get in your way, of seeing clearly.

If you can do that, then I also feel sad for you.

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 1:52 pm

Wah! So frightening! :twisted: These few girls are the real 'dragon girls'. :shock:

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 8:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:Wah! So frightening! :twisted: These few girls are the real 'dragon girls'. :shock:


Yes one must be very careful, I spent one year in Beijing in 1992, and i can tell you, I was never short of female company for one day. In fact I did take two women back to europe on invitation, at different times.

One is now married to a guy in Scotland, the other did a runner, So I got a telling off from the Chinese embassy for helping her, Not sure if they blacklisted me over it, never been back since.

But I was followed by secret police every single day for the whole year, becuase i broke every rule in the book, at the time.

was not really allowed to socialise without prior permission, and we wasn't allowed to visit families, without permission. Thank god it's changed now.

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 5:08 pm

ksl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Wah! So frightening! :twisted: These few girls are the real 'dragon girls'. :shock:


Yes one must be very careful, I spent one year in Beijing in 1992, and i can tell you, I was never short of female company for one day. In fact I did take two women back to europe on invitation, at different times.

One is now married to a guy in Scotland, the other did a runner, So I got a telling off from the Chinese embassy for helping her, Not sure if they blacklisted me over it, never been back since.

But I was followed by secret police every single day for the whole year, becuase i broke every rule in the book, at the time.

was not really allowed to socialise without prior permission, and we wasn't allowed to visit families, without permission. Thank god it's changed now.



You mean you was in china and the secret police followed you?

Looking at the situation now, I feel worried for those Ah Pek in singapore.These elders are really simple minded. They thought these girls really like them and even give them their saving.

It's a pity that they are blinded by temporary pleasure and not knowing the situation they are in! The Teochew has a saying"The calf couldn't recognise a tiger".

User avatar
elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri, 29 Apr 2005

Postby elizabeth » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 5:24 pm

Looking at the situation now, I feel worried for those Ah Pek in singapore.These elders are really simple minded. They thought these girls really like them and even give them their saving.

It's a pity that they are blinded by temporary pleasure and not knowing the situation they are in! The Teochew has a saying"The calf couldn't recognise a tiger".[/quote]

Feel so sad for those Ah Pek and feel sorry for the family member..But who asked them to fool around with those china girl.. Yes i agreed some of them are pretty and young...but think about it again, it in the newspaper they are many people being cheated by them.. So guys better be careful that sorry..

The Ah Pek thought that they are the "Tiger" but is the opposite..

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 5:49 pm

:lol: That is so true!

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 6:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:
ksl wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Wah! So frightening! :twisted: These few girls are the real 'dragon girls'. :shock:


Yes one must be very careful, I spent one year in Beijing in 1992, and i can tell you, I was never short of female company for one day. In fact I did take two women back to europe on invitation, at different times.

One is now married to a guy in Scotland, the other did a runner, So I got a telling off from the Chinese embassy for helping her, Not sure if they blacklisted me over it, never been back since.

But I was followed by secret police every single day for the whole year, becuase i broke every rule in the book, at the time.

was not really allowed to socialise without prior permission, and we wasn't allowed to visit families, without permission. Thank god it's changed now.



You mean you was in china and the secret police followed you?

Looking at the situation now, I feel worried for those Ah Pek in singapore.These elders are really simple minded. They thought these girls really like them and even give them their saving.

It's a pity that they are blinded by temporary pleasure and not knowing the situation they are in! The Teochew has a saying"The calf couldn't recognise a tiger".


Excuse my ignorance, but could you explain Ah Pek?

Yes, I was there 1 year, at the language institute back in early 90's, Our first day, we all received a brief talk of what we could do, while at the University, and to socialise, with Chinese family or young women was not allowed. I mean can you imagine, the annex next to mine with over 300 women there.

The Chinese students used to keep me informed of the secret police, they where always dressed up, like students and mingled in the food halls.

It wasn't long before they caugt on to me and the American guy, i knocked around with, we partied every night, with different women, and we was quite well known to the gangsters in th area, who controlled the money exchange, black market at the time. One had to be very careful not to get ripped off.

It was and still is, a sport for mainland Chinese to cheat everyone, if they can get away with it. Doing business is very risky, and not many foriegn businesses succeed.

My friend I helped out was a female head doctor, who's husband was shot in the student riots, in 89. I couldn't help beiing emotionally moved, by the way she was living, and yet she had a very good life, becuase she had her own apartment given to her, and ration stamps for food, and 1000 yuan per month at that time, it was nothing. for her and the 3 yearold daughter.

After I got her out and into Europe she was deported back to China after a year, because the west would not believe her refugee status, She contacted me again, because the Chinese government had denounced her, and her family publicly and stripped her of all rights to work.

I was able, with help from two Embassies, to get her story confirmed, and they helped, with the paper work, to get her out again. She is now happily married and working for a University. Things where quite tuff back then, with locals and employees having no place of their own, they normally slept at their work place, with no shower facilities.

Every now and then I smuggled the people from my local hair salon, back for showers at night.

Mind you I will say that mainland China is a wonerful place of interest and culture, like no other in the world.

They also have a museum to display the bodies of the executions and the crimes they have committed, totally out of bounds, to foriegners, but my sister and brother-in-law was taken to it, while visiting the family of the woman, I helped out.

My sister told me, they lived in a room, that was open to the elements, in an area of pure poverty, in winter, one wall to the apartment was completely missing, just a curtain, to protect from the snow and rain. They was also followed every day police, and with help managed to escape from them, quite an adventure.

I have never been back, but my friend that is now settled goes back quite often, she is left alone by the police, but they have informed her, she will never be a citizen of China again, her family are teachers, none of them are members of the communist party, so they are of cousre monitored.

So if you do visit learn quickly to be street wise, if you do business, go out of your way, to make friends, with the leader of the community, and explain you need his help, so that you can supply jobs to the area, otherwise you will be taken for every penny, and your technology, or ideas.

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 6:23 pm

Ah Pek refers to an old man.

Your stories of china are so interesting. You went to study?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 9:01 pm

Anonymous wrote:Ah Pek refers to an old man.

Your stories of china are so interesting. You went to study?


Yes I studied Mandarin, from scratch! very difficult, because you get thrown in at the deep end, with students, that have studied for 3 years and more.

The teaching method is tough, they like to run you down in the class room, to embarass you into working harder, in fron of the other students. very communistic method.

I did learn quite alot, even though I failed the final exam, I had mastered 200 characters, perfectly and had a knowledge of 500 out of the 1,300 charaters on the course, I could read and write and pronounce the 200 very well. and use the Chinese dictionary to look up radicals, and characters.

The course was very cheap, and dorm with own shower was 50$ a night, I shared with a guy from Malaya, which helped, with home work, 20 chracters a day, doesn't sound much, but believe me, when you have to stand in front of the class, and write them, the next morning, or be humiliated, then the pressure is on.

I enjoyed every minute of it, and would like to do it again, actually many students, where from ingapore also, because China is the cheapest place around, to study Chinese.

Now I have a five year old daughter, that is my teacher of Mandarin! and that's weired, but she is very fluent after 4 years in Taiwan, with Chinese in-laws.

But one needs to continue to

chrisk

chinagirls

Postby chrisk » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 2:12 am

oh dear! i hope you don't end up another victim. heard and read stories about these china women. sure, they're after either these two things. money or citizenship. please, think twice. singapore women may have above average standards but they'll never leave you (unless you ill-treat) them. china women, somple standards but they'll finally leave you (even after being treated well).

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: chinagirls

Postby ksl » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 5:25 am

chrisk wrote:oh dear! i hope you don't end up another victim. heard and read stories about these china women. sure, they're after either these two things. money or citizenship. please, think twice. singapore women may have above average standards but they'll never leave you (unless you ill-treat) them. china women, somple standards but they'll finally leave you (even after being treated well).


One never knows, if one will be a victim, did you not hear the latest from Hong Kong, the American wife that murdered the husband, for his insurance money!

I really don't understand the "Singapore women, may have above average standards, remark" quite a cold and calculated opinion of Singapore women I believe? I don't think anyone should go to the extent of painting them all with the same brush.

The world is full of women looking for financial security and stability, their are gold diggers in every town or city in everry country, and I would also think they too have above average standards, whatever that may mean.

But once bitten twice shy, it's so easy to turn the tables and marry a woman, that is financially independant, smart, well educated, and only needs stability.

But in the end there are no winners or losers, just memories.

We come into the world with nothing & we leave it the same way, with nothing. So enjoy it while it lasts, that's my motto

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 3:37 am

there are good one aso bad one in every country you cant say every china fellow cheating there are aso very good marriage depend on yr luck if you are lucky enuf you can find good wife in everywhere there's no gurantee good wife will bear you a son.. dun b so cruel u ppl must understand k my sister in law from china nothing to owe the singaporean man yet bear my brother a cute wa wa aso hard life ship so far has no feud with u ppl in this forum hopes everyone spare her a thought k

Guest

Re: how to apply for my china girlfriend if i want to marry

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 3:46 am

sad boy wrote:hi,
i am a singaporean. i had a china girlfriend and i want to marry her. What are the procedures and processes that i need to go through in order to apply her. Also how much money do i need to apply her over to singapore?
i am holding a bankrupcy status and will clear this status 1 year later. If i clear my status will i be able to apply her over? can some helpful souls pls help me to solve my doubts.. really thanks alot... thank you....


dun worry you'll have my moral support sad boy if that china girl knows
about yr bankrupcy yet still wanted to marry you then why wait jus go ahead my you can make her the tourist here 1st and see if she has any
problem adapting in singapore extend her stay if possible then R.O.M later. good luck!

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 6:09 am

Sad boy's china girl does seem to be different.

I've been to China and, frankly, when I hear the Singapore men complaining about the Singapore women, I wonder if they really know what they're talking about. As someone mentioned, each country/town has its fair share of gold diggers. But I'll say this ... the U grad high flying women in Singapore are kittens if you compare them to the smart China women and I mean when it comes to hoodwinking men. They are a class above the Singapore woman, the kind who'd liken marriage to a contract and that their men should be dealt with she makes decisions in the boardroom.

Beware, guys, unless you're just looking for momentary pleasure and have lots of spare change to waste.

Malaysian girls are no different. If you think you're doing them a favour by showing them the "good life" ... I have a friend who thought he'd found himself a gem. Sweet, unassuming little thing he could boost his ego with with expensive gifts. Unlike the Singapore girl who'd buy a diamond for herself. Now they're married, she's decided she doesn't want to get a job. When he comes home, she's not the one serving him drinks ... it's the other way round.

Sometimes ... perhaps ... it is good to know exactly what you're getting yourself into. These gals from countries you think are less developed than Singapore may not be the doormats you're expecting "till death do you part". They must be made of stuff sterner than you think - these are women who're willing to leave their families, friends and all things familiar to them for. Even if it's driven by poverty ... to build a better lives for themselves and their families back home doesn't necessarily include you in the long term.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests