Singapore Expats

Acronis True Image 8.0 VS Symantec Ghost 9.0

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
busybody_kpo

Acronis True Image 8.0 VS Symantec Ghost 9.0

Post by busybody_kpo » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:12 am

I'm looking for a good and fast realtime backup, cloning and recovery software. I understand from Mag review that Acronis True Image 8.0 is better than Ghost 9.0. Ghost is selling S$129 where Acronis is S$79. Can anyone confirm this?

hks_z33

Post by hks_z33 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:30 am

Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Buy Acronis True Image

1. Fastest backup and restore software.
2. Wizard-driven operations deliver ease of use.
3. Automated backup with schedule.
4. Perfect duplicates of your system guarantee consistency.
5. Hard disk upgrade in one step.
6. Rescue media or hot key to start Acronis True Image any time.
7. No IT knowledge needed.
8. All current Windows operating systems and file systems supported.
9. Cheaper than competitor products.
10. Your best tool for protecting your information property.

clone_ghost

Re: Acronis True Image 8.0 VS Symantec Ghost 9.0

Post by clone_ghost » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 9:35 am

[quote="busybody_kpo"]I'm looking for a good and fast realtime backup, cloning and recovery software. I understand from Mag review that Acronis True Image 8.0 is better than Ghost 9.0. Ghost is selling S$129 where Acronis is S$79. Can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

Just go for Acronis as it ease to use, no computer knowledge required. It very user friendly. For Ghost, you must had some computer knowledge.

ghost88

Post by ghost88 » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:42 am

Beware, lunar seven months coming in 10 days time, so don't go for Ghost or lots of ghost will follow u back!!!

Just joking.

busybody_kpo

Post by busybody_kpo » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:22 am

clone_ghost wrote:
busybody_kpo wrote:I'm looking for a good and fast realtime backup, cloning and recovery software. I understand from Mag review that Acronis True Image 8.0 is better than Ghost 9.0. Ghost is selling S$129 where Acronis is S$79. Can anyone confirm this?
Just go for Acronis as it ease to use, no computer knowledge required. It very user friendly. For Ghost, you must had some computer knowledge.
Thks, I now trying out both.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:53 pm

I just refuse to buy Semantec products because their service sucks, their upgrade policy is obnoxious and unfair, and their attitude is that of a bunch of cocky bastards who don't really need their customers.

hks_z33

Post by hks_z33 » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:21 am

[quote="Strong Eagle"]I just refuse to buy Semantec products because their service sucks, their upgrade policy is obnoxious and unfair, and their attitude is that of a bunch of cocky bastards who don't really need their customers.[/quote]

I strongly agree with you

banana
Reporter
Reporter

Post by banana » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:40 am

Not to mention their products are mostly bloatware.
some signatures are more equal than others

hks_z33

Post by hks_z33 » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:11 pm

Those want to find out more about this 2 software, can click on the link to download and try out the 15days trial version

Acronis True Image 8.0
http://download.acronis.com/trueimage8.0_d_en.exe

Can someone provide the trial version for Norton Ghost 9.0 as I'm unable to find one??? ???

backup_why

Why does one need backup?

Post by backup_why » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:09 am

When we purchase a new computer system, everything is brand new, loaded with vital applications and data that allow the machine to perform in top condition, and it is free from malignant data that could potentially damage the computer.

In today’s cyberspace, even if we are extremely careful, use the best anti-virus software, and do not download anything suspicious, viruses and malignant software still manage to seep into our computers. Our beloved Microsoft is also not infallible, and from time to time, it gives us problems, causing our system to not run properly or crash altogether. Sometimes our computer quits working mysteriously, and we just wish somehow there were a way to restore the computer back to the way it was when it was working fine. But the reality is that we have to suspend our work, reinstall all the software on the computer, try to remember all the settings and patches we had, configure the system to the way it was before. After going through this painful process, our system is in working condition, but we will have forever lost the documents and files saved on the computer. We will have to start everything from the beginning.

Wouldn’t it be nice if there is a way we can make a copy of everything on our computer and store it somewhere, so that when such a disaster hits, we can just use that copy and restore our computer to good condition? With such a need comes the development of backup software. The main goal of all backup software is to make a copy of crucial data in the computer so that it can be recovered when needed.

clone_ghost

Post by clone_ghost » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:50 am

[quote="busybody_kpo"]I'm looking for a good and fast realtime backup, cloning and recovery software. I understand from Mag review that Acronis True Image 8.0 is better than Ghost 9.0. Ghost is selling S$129 where Acronis is S$79. Can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

Go for Acronis, as most reviews say that it is better than Ghost. Furthermore, now when u get Acronis True Image 8.0 they are giving free upgrade to 9.0