Singapore Expats Forum

looking for a job in marketing or sales department

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Blandine

looking for a job in marketing or sales department

Postby Blandine » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 2:09 pm

hello,

i am 24 years old, i am french and i am in Singapore since sunday, i would like to find a job in marketing or sales department.
I am graduated of a management school in Paris (France).

I need contacts to succeed, please help me

you can contact me : blandinemercier@hotmail.com

See you soon!

linah_tok

Re: looking for a job in marketing or sales department

Postby linah_tok » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:05 am

Blandine wrote:hello,

i am 24 years old, i am french and i am in Singapore since sunday, i would like to find a job in marketing or sales department.
I am graduated of a management school in Paris (France).

I need contacts to succeed, please help me

you can contact me : blandinemercier@hotmail.com

See you soon!

Hi,
Caught your posting in regards to having a sales job in Singapore.

This is what I can offer.

We are Canada's worldwide leader in land asset management offering great real estate investment opportunities through Land Banking - an area traditionally reserved for the wealthy and large
corporations - to virtually anyone.

Due to our tremendous success and rapid expansion in the Asia Pacific
Region, we are looking for entrepreneurial-minded,self-motivated and any one with the drive to excel to join us.

Monetary & Non-Monetary Incentives
1. Write your own paycheck
2. Dare to dream there is no limit to how far you can go!
3. Plan your own retirement
4.Incentive overseas trip

Comprehensive Training & Career Development Program
1. To bring out each individual's fullest potential
2. Training provided.

This is strictly NOT MLM.

Do let me know if it fits you.

I can be contacted at linah_tok@yahoo.com

Regards,
Li Nah

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 8:33 am

Li Nah,

Are you going to provide him with an EP?

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Postby Fuz182 » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:43 am

Li Nah,
I'm pretty sure you're from Walton. While Walton isn't an MLM company, it is a company that uses a direct selling strategy that consists of multiple tiers of commissions depending on what statuis/level you are on, you will have a certain amount of leverage over your team. I have no issues with it. I think Walton is a brilliant company with a brilliant product. I've got friends who are Divisional Managers there and have bought products myself.
In Life's school of war,
That which does not Destroy you,
Only makes you stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Blandine

Help

Postby Blandine » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:53 am

can somebody help me what is mean "MLM" and "EP"????

thank you

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:01 am

MLM = multi level marketing. It is a scheme whereby you bring in new recruits below you, often collecting a commission for doing so, and then you collect a percentage of their sales as commissions. Most MLM's are ripoffs and illegal in Singapore.

EP = Employment Pass. To live and work in Singapore on a permanent basis you must have a work permit, employment pass, or permanent residence. In this thread, the OP could not just live here... he must get a pass... and an MLM company such as Li Nah has advertised cannot provide that for him.

Blandine

Thank you

Postby Blandine » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:04 am

thank you for giving me this informations and for advicing of this illegal way!
cheers

Postby Guest » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:07 am

I hope that you've actually participated in MLM before to understand it's inner workings and thus understanding it fully. Otherwise, your last post, and all your other posts on MLM are merely opinion and as a moderator, you should know that it should be stated as opinion. Your use of emotive language and rhetoric is strong but unless you have actually experienced it for yourself, you cannot speak of it as fact. Even then, one company cannot represent the vast majority. You wouldn't want to be a bigot would you?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:15 am

Blandine,

You problem is this. Employment passes are granted by the Mininstry of Manpower only when a company can demonstrate that they cannot find the necessary skills in the local labor force. Thus, if you have particularly valuable skills or experience you can probably get a pass.

The companies that hire are the ones that must apply for the pass. It takes time and effort to do this, and most companys will try to hire locally first to fill junior level needs.

While here in Singapore on a visitor's pass, you cannot open a bank account or rent property. Your visitors pass is good for 30 days, and you can renew it a few times by leaving the country and coming back. You cannot work on this pass... at least not legally... you would need to be paid in cash since you cannot open an account.

People have done this sort of thing. It's not easy and it helps if you have friends here who can help you along.

Blandine

Postby Blandine » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:19 am

I don't know what companies offer in Singapore, but what is sure is that I don't want to take the risk to be in an illegal position

Blandine

Postby Blandine » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:26 am

ok thank you for your advices!

cheers