Singapore Expats Forum

Corrosion/Materials Eng Jobs

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

May of Jamison

Corrosion/Materials Eng Jobs

Postby May of Jamison » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 9:51 pm

Hi,
I will be moving to Singapore from the US by the end of July on a dependant pass and am looking for corrosion and/or materials jobs. I have an advanced degree in metallurgical engineering (with a B.S. in chemical engineering) from the US and have worked in the refining/chemical industries there for 14 years. Any leads and advice on how to find a job in those areas are extremely welcome!

PS I am a US citizen and a native speaker of Mandarin.

dchasser

Postby dchasser » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 4:38 pm

Well, I may have a friend's dad who could help you. He works in an American oil company's base here in Singapore. In a managerial position, he even advised me to go into metallurgy.

If I can get any leads for you, I'll let you know, meanwhile, good luck.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Corrosion/Materials Eng Jobs

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 9:41 pm

May of Jamison wrote:Hi,
I will be moving to Singapore from the US by the end of July on a dependant pass and am looking for corrosion and/or materials jobs. I have an advanced degree in metallurgical engineering (with a B.S. in chemical engineering) from the US and have worked in the refining/chemical industries there for 14 years. Any leads and advice on how to find a job in those areas are extremely welcome!

PS I am a US citizen and a native speaker of Mandarin.

I won't promise anything but give me an email address to contact you.

sms