Singapore Expats Forum

Calling All Yorkshiremen

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pinksnorkel2000

Calling All Yorkshiremen

Postby pinksnorkel2000 » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 9:34 pm

Anyone interested in forming a group for Yorkshiremen (and woman too of course)?

For the uninitiated Yorkshire is the best county in England. Ladies not from there would be interested to know that the Yorkshiremen are not stuck up, they are not snobbish and are down to earth. We tend to say it like it is so ladies, never ask a Yorkshireman whether your butt looks big in a particular outfit, you might not like the reply! Yorkshiremen are the most civilized group you will ever care to meet.

So come on, get the ball moving and drop a post here !

Postby Guest » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 7:43 pm

Bloke in a lift

A Yorkshireman walks into a building and gets into the lift. He presses the button for the fifth floor. At the second floor the most stunning woman he has ever seen gets into the lift and leans seductively against the wall.

The Yorkshireman doesn't know where to look and starts to get very nervous. The woman begins to unbutton her blouse and throws it on the floor. She then takes off her bra and throws it on the floor. At this stage the guy is getting very nervous.

Then she says: "Make a woman out of me".

He unbuttons his shirt, throws it on the floor and replies, "Here, iron that."

Doubtful

Re: Calling All Yorkshiremen

Postby Doubtful » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:10 am

pinksnorkel2000 wrote:Anyone interested in forming a group for Yorkshiremen (and woman too of course)?

For the uninitiated Yorkshire is the best county in England. Ladies not from there would be interested to know that the Yorkshiremen are not stuck up, they are not snobbish and are down to earth. We tend to say it like it is so ladies, never ask a Yorkshireman whether your butt looks big in a particular outfit, you might not like the reply! Yorkshiremen are the most civilized group you will ever care to meet.

So come on, get the ball moving and drop a post here !

Most civilized group? Of course we know all about Yorkshiremen who marry Asian women and continue to screw around!!

fluff35

Postby fluff35 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:12 pm

Most civilized group? Of course we know all about Yorkshiremen who marry Asian women and continue to screw around!!

I think that was a bit uncalled for :shock:

newgirly1809

Postby newgirly1809 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:33 pm

Are there really that many Yorkshire men here for Doubtful to make that generalisation? I haven't met any since I got here from the UK in Jan !!!!

fluff35

Postby fluff35 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:46 pm

I have to admit that I haven't come across that many Yorkshiremen since being in Singapore. However it is a bit difficult spotting them without the flatcap and Jack Russel.... :wink:

tazria

Postby tazria » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 8:48 pm

post deleted
Last edited by tazria on Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Yorkshiremen

Postby English Gent » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:22 pm

Dear Gang,

Not sure what flew up 'Doubtful's' butt but there you go. Far be it from me to question someone who hides behind a guest status. No doubt he/she will honour us with thier presense i.d.c.

Hot smoggy here sad to say. Nothing but tennis on the telly. Henman is out, not much point watchin anymore lol.

Be back soon, flat cap and pint of Tetleys in hand.

Be good.

Hugh.
Looking to meet or chat with interesting woman from all over...and eat them.

Postby Guest » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:34 pm

it wasnt directed at you, just a yorkshire man and there quite a few in Asia so nobody said yorkshire man in singapore.. it would be anywhere in the region. why you gettin so upset? my sister got played out by a yorkshire guy, she's suicidal, doesnt that give me a right to be upset?

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Apology Accepted

Postby English Gent » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:56 pm

I think that was your way of saying sorry. Case closed.

Sorry about the personal prob. Hope it works out.

hugh
Looking to meet or chat with interesting woman from all over...and eat them.