Singapore Expats Forum

Singpost losing your item

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

anguish girl

Singpost losing your item

Postby anguish girl » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:30 am

My boyfriend has been sending registered article to me for 1 year and this is the 1st time that Singpost has lost my item.I've checked the item status and it's already here but they told me that they cannot find item.They claimed item is lost and gave me a copy of the police report.Customer service guy told me that Japanpost will have to bear the compensation cost.I found this very iresponsible.Since then no calls from them.What other option or action can I do to get compensation from singpost?Any help is appreciated.

User avatar
joop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Central, Singapore
Contact:

Lost mail

Postby joop » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:35 am

Sometimes your item may have been left at your nearby Post office. You may wish to make a trip there to check for your item.

Registered mails don't normally get lsot though..
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property
Image

Guest

Re: Singpost losing your item

Postby Guest » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 1:38 pm

If singpost lost it why japanpost had to pay for the conpensation?
That's funny too coz you have already checked the status and the thing should be at your place right now.. then obviously it is the postman who lost that thing or maybe he stole it.

anguish girl

Postby anguish girl » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 6:41 pm

I've been calling singpost and they told me it's the courier's department problem but they also told me it's under singpost.If the item is at the post office then there should be a receipt telling me to pick it up.The courier manager came to my house and gave me a copy of the police report confirming the item is lost.

My thoughts exactly!Why should japanpost pay when it's singpost fault?Whenever I called the service department they hung up on me.Anyone else any idea how/what I should do?I'm really confused.Japanpost said that in 10 years there's never been any incident of lost item and this is the 1st.

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:35 am

how about going to eunos headquarter to complain with your police report and the receipt?
You can tell them that you will put up this case to local free news paper companies. haha

Javier
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri, 03 Jun 2005

Postby Javier » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 1:00 pm

But if it is really lost, what do u want from them? An apology from someone high ranking? compensation?

Just curious...
Useful webby for expats: Blog of nice things you can find in Singapore costing below $2. Updated very regularly.
http://www.cheaploh.com.sg

anguish girl

Postby anguish girl » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:58 am

Hi Javier,

That item contained video tapes of my child,a few pictures of him and some cash for his birthday.I do not mind the cash but the tapes can never be reproduce..

stefania
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon, 09 May 2005
Location: Perth, WA

Postby stefania » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:06 am

anguish girl wrote:Hi Javier,

That item contained video tapes of my child,a few pictures of him and some cash for his birthday.I do not mind the cash but the tapes can never be reproduce..


I feel sorry that such a thing happened, especially since the package contained sentimental items. If i were you, i wouldn't leave it lying down like that. Call them up and demand what your options/compensation/whatever you need to know are. They should be held responsible and you have a right to complain about this matter. Be firm, don't be swayed by their excuses.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 3:12 am

anguish girl wrote:I've been calling singpost and they told me it's the courier's department problem but they also told me it's under singpost.If the item is at the post office then there should be a receipt telling me to pick it up.The courier manager came to my house and gave me a copy of the police report confirming the item is lost.

My thoughts exactly!Why should japanpost pay when it's singpost fault?Whenever I called the service department they hung up on me.Anyone else any idea how/what I should do?I'm really confused.Japanpost said that in 10 years there's never been any incident of lost item and this is the 1st.


SE is quite right, you should never give up, demand your rights, and if nothing is done, let them call the police to remove you. This is a matter of principle and most government authority, should be on your side.

There must be a 3rd party, who can help you with this matter, it doesn't only concern you but everyone in Singapore. maybe some political figure needs to be contacted.

anguish girl

Postby anguish girl » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:13 pm

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your kind advice and support.Yesterday I went to their main office and were told the same crap- that they will not reimbursed me.They gave all kind of excuses and made me wait for hours.I feel so frustrated that I went home and send an email to the Straight Times regarding my woes...I need to let out my anguish :(

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:37 pm

anguish girl wrote:Hi everyone

Thank you all for your kind advice and support.Yesterday I went to their main office and were told the same crap- that they will not reimbursed me.They gave all kind of excuses and made me wait for hours.I feel so frustrated that I went home and send an email to the Straight Times regarding my woes...I need to let out my anguish :(


Well I feel for you, I think you have been fobbed off, with excuses , and it really pisses my off that in 2005, we still have theses government cock ups.
You are welcome to pm me, with all the details and I will certainly challenge the post office service, with you.
I have been told many times in Asia that, that one doesn't complain, becuae that is the Asian way.

But I can tell you that if you do not fight for youe rights. they will all, walk over you. By all means contact me, and I will pay them a visit, with you. Let see how much face, they have.

Internet marketing is one of the most powerful tools on the planet, and I can guarantee you, I have more than one time,taken on the fight, with companies that do not wish to pay up. I promise nothing, but i really do enjoy the fight.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests