Singapore Expats Forum

Questions re. jobs and where to live?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

domarus

Questions re. jobs and where to live?

Postby domarus » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 4:45 am

Hi,

Okay, now it's my turn to start asking questions about the job market, cost of living, best area to live, etc. as my girlfriend and I have decided to sell all our stuff in London and move around the world to your little pearl of a country.

We've been saving up for a while, set a departure date in August and are starting to distribute CVs and contacting potential employers. We've decided to go even if we don't find a job before leaving - is that stupid? I just feel it would be a lot easier to find something once we're there and able to go to interviews etc instead of having to fly back and forth?

We're also wondering where the best/cheapest place/area would be to get a flat? Ideally close to public transportation. In London most flats come with a minimum 6-12 months contract? Is that the same in Singapore?

I've seen a few people outlining the cost of living in Singapore and based on their replies I've estimated that we'll be able to live for around S$3000-3500 all inclusive (rent, bills, food, transport) until we find a job? Is that realistic?

Last but not least, I am a quite experienced online marketer / new media designer having worked for Sony Music and other large international organisations for years, so if anyone know of any companies looking for account/project managers, online marketing people, art directors or designers then please let me know and I'll send you a full CV ...

Thanks in advance! Much appreciated!

See you soon! :D

Jacob