Singapore Expats Forum

Banned from the forum

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Banned from the forum

Postby ksl » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 1:53 am

Strangest thing happend, tonight, time 1.34.a.m
I tied to come onto the forum, without login in, and i was banned, for the first time ever.

I find this very, disturbing that i am being monitored, as a guest poster, but although i have nothing to hide, I would suggest that you are careful to cross the lines, of SE, becuase it is very obvious that me and him have our debates, that he normlly loses,

This is the typical sign of the bully , the agressor, the weak one that doesn't like to be challanged. You will note that it was i that started the link of moderators, and their star signs, simply because of their attitudes and aggressive replies. should we really have to put up wih moderators that run a closed shop, they want to preach there own idealogy, I say FCUK em! I rebel and they can ban me, But I ask you to really look and evalute who is attacking who in the threads.

This is the first time in many months, that I have been refused entry, and i have not abused any moderator, and i challange all moderators on this forum, to put up or shut up.

I have anyalised the most of you people, through a genuine concern of accountability, I have also discovered that you as, moderators reply under different aliases, and i believe the people on this board have a right to know what is actualy going on here. UK 5 USA 0

Postby Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 4:23 am

Why so lah :?:

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 4:36 am

Hi,

I think we accidentally banned an IP address of a proxy server of your ISP.

Alot of the users are behind proxy servers so it is not strange that when we ban an IP address, the entire string of users are banned altogether.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Pal
Admin

jpatokal

Re: Banned from the forum

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:15 pm

ksl wrote:This is the typical sign of the bully , the agressor, the weak one that doesn't like to be challanged. You will note that it was i that started the link of moderators, and their star signs, simply because of their attitudes and aggressive replies. should we really have to put up wih moderators that run a closed shop, they want to preach there own idealogy, I say FCUK em! I rebel and they can ban me, But I ask you to really look and evalute who is attacking who in the threads.

Point the first: if we really were the evil Nazis you make us out to be, would we let this thread sit here and allow you to keep posting too? (Hint: Try posting this on The Other Board.)

Point the second: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're out to get you. Please go take your medication.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Banned from the forum

Postby ksl » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 7:46 pm

jpatokal wrote:
ksl wrote:This is the typical sign of the bully , the agressor, the weak one that doesn't like to be challanged. You will note that it was i that started the link of moderators, and their star signs, simply because of their attitudes and aggressive replies. should we really have to put up wih moderators that run a closed shop, they want to preach there own idealogy, I say FCUK em! I rebel and they can ban me, But I ask you to really look and evalute who is attacking who in the threads.

Point the first: if we really were the evil Nazis you make us out to be, would we let this thread sit here and allow you to keep posting too? (Hint: Try posting this on The Other Board.)

Point the second: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're out to get you. Please go take your medication.

Where my i ask, do i make you all out to be evil Nazi's?

Noted! just remember what goes around comes around[/quote]

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 9:49 pm

I, too received the ban notice tonight sometime after 2130. I first wondered what I had done wrong and then I felt a little hurt. I tried again about 5 minutes later and was successful. :D I've thought no more of it, I just put it down to a glitch in the system. I would like to think that if I were to be banned for real, that the powers that be, would be kind enough to notify me first including an explanation of why I am being banned. Please.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:59 pm

Matney wrote:I, too received the ban notice tonight sometime after 2130. I first wondered what I had done wrong and then I felt a little hurt. I tried again about 5 minutes later and was successful. :D I've thought no more of it, I just put it down to a glitch in the system. I would like to think that if I were to be banned for real, that the powers that be, would be kind enough to notify me first including an explanation of why I am being banned. Please.

Yes it looks like a glitch in the system, just my luck it happend, while i have been voicing my opinion of some of the moderators, I feel it's quite unfair that they cannot answer or debate, to some of my replies in a more open manner.

You can see how JP, is getting personal, and it's totally uncalled for... they all piss in the same pot, they like to give verbal abuse and sarcastic remarks, and that is why they have become moderators, to have the power over the threads, and delete anything that threatens their credability.

One or two of them are very bad losers when the heat gets turned up and they get back what they give.

How can anyone have respect for people that hide behind their power, it also appears that all my posts have been deleted, because I didn't sign in, and I know SE is behind it all.

Moderatetors shouldn't even get involved in the discussions, if they are to sensative to being criticised, they like to be right all the time, and in many cases they are far from right.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:01 am

Look, ksl, in case you haven't noticed, there has been one very unpleasant fellow posting some very unpleasant stuff. We're trying to stop it. The internet is a complex place. Even moderators are human.

You attack me for deleting posts. Such is not the case. If you are the person that has been calling other posters a "whore", yes then you are deleted. Or if you keep referring to Singaporeans as "chinks", yes you are deleted.

I and all the other moderators have said it time and again... this is an open board... except if you make personal attacks upon another poster, expect to be deleted.

And I will say it again. I have deleted exactly one post about me... none of yours... unless you met the criteria spelled out above. Are you understanding this at all? You've attacked me on mutliple occasions... and quite frankly, I don't care. But please, don't impune this board... the people here work hard to be open and to keep the topics open to any subject.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:04 am

I'll add one thing ksl. Everyone is free to post, or not post. Don't expect that someone is required to reply because you've made a post. I choose not to reply, that is my perogative.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 2:14 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Look, ksl, in case you haven't noticed, there has been one very unpleasant fellow posting some very unpleasant stuff. We're trying to stop it. The internet is a complex place. Even moderators are human.

You attack me for deleting posts. Such is not the case. If you are the person that has been calling other posters a "whore", yes then you are deleted. Or if you keep referring to Singaporeans as "chinks", yes you are deleted.

I and all the other moderators have said it time and again... this is an open board... except if you make personal attacks upon another poster, expect to be deleted.

And I will say it again. I have deleted exactly one post about me... none of yours... unless you met the criteria spelled out above. Are you understanding this at all? You've attacked me on mutliple occasions... and quite frankly, I don't care. But please, don't impune this board... the people here work hard to be open and to keep the topics open to any subject.

SE I have never ever attacked you in any way whatsoever, the only thing I have ever done, was to voice my opinion, which everyone is entitled to do. I have neither abused you or any other person on this board, and i have no need to drop so low as to start slagging anyone off, If it comes to a discussion then opinions are swapped.

I mean you only have to look through the threads to see who throws all the personal blows.

Even JP on this thread comes out with a personal dig, which is totally uncalled for, which i find insulting and provocating, I am still able to keep my composure.

I mean you enjoy replying to many posts, why should i not have the opportunity to have my opinion, against what you say or any other moderator.

I think it is a little un sportsman like, that we cannot disagree, without having verbal diarrhea thrown back at myself, or the other posters. Yes you do apologise, but that is not the point.

Anyway I'll try to avoid you or ban me, either way my point is a valid one!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 2:20 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I'll add one thing ksl. Everyone is free to post, or not post. Don't expect that someone is required to reply because you've made a post. I choose not to reply, that is my perogative.

I couldn't agree more! In fact it is better not to reply at all, if someone touches a nerve, Like i have done with JP, I just remind him, what goes around comes around and it does eventually.

JP an Ass

Postby JP an Ass » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 6:37 pm

ksl wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Look, ksl, in case you haven't noticed, there has been one very unpleasant fellow posting some very unpleasant stuff. We're trying to stop it. The internet is a complex place. Even moderators are human.

SE I have never ever attacked you in any way whatsoever, the only thing I have ever done, was to voice my opinion, which everyone is entitled to do. I have neither abused you or any other person on this board, and i have no need to drop so low as to start slagging anyone off, If it comes to a discussion then opinions are swapped.

I mean you only have to look through the threads to see who throws all the personal blows.

Even JP on this thread comes out with a personal dig, which is totally uncalled for, which i find insulting and provocating, I am still able to keep my composure.

I mean you enjoy replying to many posts, why should i not have the opportunity to have my opinion, against what you say or any other moderator.

I think it is a little un sportsman like, that we cannot disagree, without having verbal diarrhea thrown back at myself, or the other posters. Yes you do apologise, but that is not the point.

I agree that JP is an ass and deserves bad press.
An arrogant insufferable dingbat :!:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:31 pm

Sorry that was me that posted the above post, thinking i was logged in

whyso

Anti-Jpaktokal

Postby whyso » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:19 am

JP an Ass wrote:
ksl wrote:

I agree that JP is an ass and deserves bad press.
An arrogant insufferable dingbat :!:

ksl,

I can't agree further. I don't understand why Jpkatopkal (sorry can't spell this silly nickname) can be a moderator.

He should be voted out for being a silly one

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:20 pm

ksl wrote:You can see how JP, is getting personal, and it's totally uncalled for... they all piss in the same pot, they like to give verbal abuse and sarcastic remarks, and that is why they have become moderators, to have the power over the threads, and delete anything that threatens their credability.

What on earth are you blithering about? We don't delete posts, unless they're blatantly offensive/illegal. I dare you, in fact I double-dare you, show me a screenshot of one post by you that we have deleted. OK? Seriously, every time you post something, take a screenshot. Then if your posting disappears, you will have proof that we're evil. Otherwise... well, you'll just have to shut up and apologize, now won't you?

And as for being "uncalled for", you started this thread by calling Strong Eagle "the bully , the agressor (sic), the weak one that doesn't like to be challanged (sic)" and that we should be "FCUK"ed. What are you expecting in response, a bouquet of roses?

How can anyone have respect for people that hide behind their power, it also appears that all my posts have been deleted, because I didn't sign in, and I know SE is behind it all.

SE is one of the most level-headed and reasonable people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with online. Your statement comes pretty darn close to libel... and we're still not deleting it!

Moderatetors shouldn't even get involved in the discussions, if they are to sensative to being criticised, they like to be right all the time, and in many cases they are far from right.

Even though it says "Moderator" there on the left, I write posts in my personal capacity, and so do all the other moderators. The only exceptions are the occasional sticky note and policy-ish discussions like this, and here as everywhere it's Pal & joop who have the final word about their sandbox, not us.