Singapore Expats Forum

Whacy Quirks and idiosyncracies

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bookie

Whacy Quirks and idiosyncracies

Postby Bookie » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 6:39 pm

Many Many Moons ago, when i was in Europe a friend of mine lent me a book.. it was all about quirks and idiosyncracies of us humans. It was a collection of the whackiest things we do. Eg. A bath towel.. this one person said he (or she, i cant remember) used one end of the towel for the face/upper body and other end for the lower body. I could relate to that!!! I did that too!

Then another said he pee-ed in the shower cos that saved time and water.. i do that too!

So i was wondering if anyone has come across this book.. some light hearted reading i thought would be fun for the weekend!

Re: Whacy Quirks and idiosyncracies

Postby Guest » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 7:14 pm

Bookie wrote:Many Many Moons ago, when i was in Europe a friend of mine lent me a book.. it was all about quirks and idiosyncracies of us humans. It was a collection of the whackiest things we do. Eg. A bath towel.. this one person said he (or she, i cant remember) used one end of the towel for the face/upper body and other end for the lower body. I could relate to that!!! I did that too!

Then another said he pee-ed in the shower because that saved time and water.. i do that too!

So i was wondering if anyone has come across this book.. some light hearted reading i thought would be fun for the weekend!
Don't you feel embarrassed, that your shower stinks of piss, Obviously you cannot smell it becuase you live in the piss. UGH!!!

Bookie

Re: Whacy Quirks and idiosyncracies

Postby Bookie » Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:45 am

Anonymous wrote:
Bookie wrote:Many Many Moons ago, when i was in Europe a friend of mine lent me a book.. it was all about quirks and idiosyncracies of us humans. It was a collection of the whackiest things we do. Eg. A bath towel.. this one person said he (or she, i cant remember) used one end of the towel for the face/upper body and other end for the lower body. I could relate to that!!! I did that too!

Then another said he pee-ed in the shower because that saved time and water.. i do that too!

Don't you feel embarrassed, that your shower stinks of piss, Obviously you cannot smell it becuase you live in the piss. UGH!!!

Not at all... the pee goes down with the shower.. its about saving water.. when u flush each timeyou pee, you flush a lot of water down. when u pee in the shower,,, the water u are showering with washeds the pee.

of course the other way to save water with toilets is

If its yellow, let it mellow
if its brown, flush it down

Dont be so uppity about the above.. one day when singapore runs out of water or faces a drought, you will know how difficult it is.