Singapore Expats Forum

Men's face care products

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Info seeker

Men's face care products

Postby Info seeker » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:00 am

Hi folks,

I am 29 years, Male.

I havent used any face care products before I migrated to Singapore.

Living in Singapore - has given me quite a bit of skin problems - may be it is the weather, or sun/ UV is perhaps too strong.

Infact I never ever used any sunscreens etc before in my life and have always had an awesome skin.

Now the doctor has advised me to use some good skin care products - atleast a sunscreen and a moisturiser.

I have a few problems: Unveven skin tone and pigmentation, flaky skin near nose, enlarged pores in the same area. Inflamation & darness under the eyes, on the forehead (left and right hand sides), around the nose.

Has anyone had these problems before and used any products?

I know a few names - SKII, Clinique, Biotherm, Lancome, Estee lauder etc that you always see in most shopping malls.

If anyone has experience of using products from these companies or any other - please share it with me, especially if you have had skin problems like mine before.

Your help shall be really appreciated.

guest1

Re: Men's face care products

Postby guest1 » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:48 am

Info seeker wrote:Hi folks,

I am 29 years, Male.

I havent used any face care products before I migrated to Singapore.

Living in Singapore - has given me quite a bit of skin problems - may be it is the weather, or sun/ UV is perhaps too strong.

Infact I never ever used any sunscreens etc before in my life and have always had an awesome skin.

Now the doctor has advised me to use some good skin care products - atleast a sunscreen and a moisturiser.

I have a few problems: Unveven skin tone and pigmentation, flaky skin near nose, enlarged pores in the same area. Inflamation & darness under the eyes, on the forehead (left and right hand sides), around the nose.

Has anyone had these problems before and used any products?

I know a few names - SKII, Clinique, Biotherm, Lancome, Estee lauder etc that you always see in most shopping malls.

If anyone has experience of using products from these companies or any other - please share it with me, especially if you have had skin problems like mine before.

Your help shall be really appreciated.


mmmm my fren had got this problem too. but now his skin looks q good, didn't ask him wat he use thou. probably u email him, he should be able to recommend you.

his email: pcksp@yahoo.com.sg

Info seeker

Re: Men's face care products

Postby Info seeker » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:21 am

guest1 wrote:
Info seeker wrote:Hi folks,

I am 29 years, Male.

I havent used any face care products before I migrated to Singapore.

Living in Singapore - has given me quite a bit of skin problems - may be it is the weather, or sun/ UV is perhaps too strong.

Infact I never ever used any sunscreens etc before in my life and have always had an awesome skin.

Now the doctor has advised me to use some good skin care products - atleast a sunscreen and a moisturiser.

I have a few problems: Unveven skin tone and pigmentation, flaky skin near nose, enlarged pores in the same area. Inflamation & darness under the eyes, on the forehead (left and right hand sides), around the nose.

Has anyone had these problems before and used any products?

I know a few names - SKII, Clinique, Biotherm, Lancome, Estee lauder etc that you always see in most shopping malls.

If anyone has experience of using products from these companies or any other - please share it with me, especially if you have had skin problems like mine before.

Your help shall be really appreciated.


mmmm my fren had got this problem too. but now his skin looks q good, didn't ask him wat he use thou. probably u email him, he should be able to recommend you.

his email: pcksp@yahoo.com.sg


Hi,

Thanks for posting your reply. I hope you can do me one more favour.

Can u pls check with your friend and let me know.

Actually I can write to him but it wud be a bit embarassing for me to write to him directly, since he is not from the expat forum and I dont even know anything about you - so I dont know whose reference to give to him when I write to him.

Hope you can understand.

guest0

Re: Men's face care products

Postby guest0 » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:27 pm

Info seeker wrote:
guest1 wrote:
Info seeker wrote:Hi folks,

I am 29 years, Male.

I havent used any face care products before I migrated to Singapore.

Living in Singapore - has given me quite a bit of skin problems - may be it is the weather, or sun/ UV is perhaps too strong.

Infact I never ever used any sunscreens etc before in my life and have always had an awesome skin.

Now the doctor has advised me to use some good skin care products - atleast a sunscreen and a moisturiser.

I have a few problems: Unveven skin tone and pigmentation, flaky skin near nose, enlarged pores in the same area. Inflamation & darness under the eyes, on the forehead (left and right hand sides), around the nose.

Has anyone had these problems before and used any products?

I know a few names - SKII, Clinique, Biotherm, Lancome, Estee lauder etc that you always see in most shopping malls.

If anyone has experience of using products from these companies or any other - please share it with me, especially if you have had skin problems like mine before.

Your help shall be really appreciated.


mmmm my fren had got this problem too. but now his skin looks q good, didn't ask him wat he use thou. probably u email him, he should be able to recommend you.

his email: pcksp@yahoo.com.sg


Hi,

Thanks for posting your reply. I hope you can do me one more favour.

Can u pls check with your friend and let me know.

Actually I can write to him but it wud be a bit embarassing for me to write to him directly, since he is not from the expat forum and I dont even know anything about you - so I dont know whose reference to give to him when I write to him.

Hope you can understand.


else, u email me ur email add at dawn4z@yahoo.com.sg
i'll email him to reply you via email. think he's not in Singapore for these 2 weeks.
dun feel embarassed, it's ok to ask. anyway, he's a helpful guy.

Info seeker

Men's skin/face care products

Postby Info seeker » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 1:50 pm

Hi,

I have sent an email to both email addresses. Hope your friend will reply when he gets them. May be you can write to him independantly as well.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Trix
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2004

Postby Trix » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 4:16 pm

Hi!

My boyfren has got skin problems as well and he's using some skincare products to get rid of them. You can email mi at xwyer@yahoo.com and i'll forward your msg to him to see what he can share with u

kosuiko
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004

Postby kosuiko » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 7:12 pm

I'm also male so perhaps my recommendations could be relevant.

If you can afford it, try Kiehl's or Dermalogica because they are good for the skin and have been used by leading makeup artists and dermatologists in New York and around the world.

If you want to be enviromentally friendly and organic, then go for Aveda or Origins.

If you have less of a budget, then try Lancome Homme, Zirh or Clarins for Men.
Zirh report: http://www.beautybuzz.com/SkinCare/inde ... rticleID=3
Note that these have slightly more chemical feeling than the recommendations above. And some people recommend that you shouldn't put on your face what you wouldn't dare to eat!

Even less budget? Go for Neutrogena or Blackmores.

For product information, do a google search and you can reach the respective manufacturer's websites.

AVOID: Body Shop, Simple, Kao, and anything which a facial salon or MLM recommends.

Go for quality.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by kosuiko on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

jasonrxz
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 27 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

Same problem here......

Postby jasonrxz » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:25 am

Hi there, Jason here.. though i am a local here but i had open pore on my cheeks and nose areas too.. had tried alot of products but result not that great. I had signed up a package treatment that using latest technology in town and result is good.... Do email me at jasonrxz@hotmail.com to let u have a free facial analysis too with the shop? How abt that... No obligation and it worth the effort of going there.... hope u can get ur awesome face back with my help.... see ya

Info seeker

for kosuiko - on men's face care products

Postby Info seeker » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 9:52 am

[quote="kosuiko"]I'm also male so perhaps my recommendations could be relevant.

If you can afford it, try Kiehl's or Dermalogica because they are good for the skin and have been used by leading makeup artists and dermatologists in New York and around the world.

If you want to be enviromentally friendly and organic, then go for Aveda or Origins.

If you have less of a budget, then try Lancome Homme, Zirh or Clarins for Men.
Zirh report: http://www.beautybuzz.com/SkinCare/inde ... rticleID=3
Note that these have slightly more chemical feeling than the recommendations above. And some people recommend that you shouldn't put on your face what you wouldn't dare to eat!

Even less budget? Go for Neutrogena or Blackmores.

For product information, do a google search and you can reach the respective manufacturer's websites.

AVOID: Body Shop, Simple, Kao, and anything which a facial salon or MLM recommends.

Hi Kosuiko,

Thanks for taking time to reply to my query. I am open to try the products that you have mentioned. Could you also please let me know where to buy the products. I do not have any budget constraints, but its just that the products should be the best, natural - as much as possible (with no harmful effects), as u said - I want to go for quality as well.

May I ask you to bring me to an outlet or two. You can PM me.

Regards
Nik

jasonrxz
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 27 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

Wow...

Postby jasonrxz » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:29 pm

Juz to re-live this thread before it become dormant!!! haha.. cos i think that there are still alot guys/man which are having this problem but not willing to face it.....

regards
JASON...

ceres
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 22 Apr 2005

Postby ceres » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 5:21 pm

My bf has this problem, well not sure what's that called, my bf his pores are sort of HUGE ok, not very big of cuz but kinda huge and there's this yellowish white thing in it. i can use a tweezer n clip it n pull out and can see the pores, a hole, deep too... *hair stands* :?
I dunno what's that called but my nose have it too... it's like when u put the Nose strip on the nose n remove n u see those long thing on the strip. but for my bf, 80% of his face have it. Any idea on what to use or how to remove? :shock:

jasonrxz
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 27 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

Hope others can help her on it too though

Postby jasonrxz » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:39 am

Hi... i had PM u but seems u dun really wanted my solution huh? Pls any1 can oso help on it?

regards
jason

jasonrxz
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 27 Jun 2005
Location: singapore

come on?

Postby jasonrxz » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:11 am

Is there any1 out there? Juz again to relive this thread....

regards
JAson

lookin arnd

Postby lookin arnd » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 3:12 pm

hmm my bf have a problem something like ceres's one too
seems like the pores on his face are quite big and the pimples pop out quite often too... hmm maybe its more like acne not pimples
he has quite alot of blackheads on his nose too.. does pore packs really solve the black head problem or they only enlarge the pores even more..
other than that he seems to have some problems on his back too.. some thing like pimples too but its dried. the pores on his back seems large too. is it skin inflammation or something else.....
anyone have anyway to solve that?

KoKo03

Postby KoKo03 » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 4:43 pm

Hi Ladies n Gentleman,

i can swear by DERMALOGICA products! I cannot do without it so do the rest of my 4 sisters and my BF. Though the price its slightly higher(Its still increasing :cry: ) but the product is definitely worth every single cent. Anyone interest can checked out their website and you can check under Spore and contact the distributor and to check with them directly which shop or salon carrying it, they will be able to advise you accordingly to the location nearest to you.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests