Singapore Expats Forum

Want to exchange Mandarin for English

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
libaca

Want to exchange Mandarin for English

Postby libaca » Mon, 30 May 2005 1:43 pm

Hello!

I'd like to get a exhanghe partner who would help me in English. I am a female professional from China and can help you to learn Mandarin in return.

If there are any native english speakers interested, pls PM me.

clementyun

OK

Postby clementyun » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:16 am

Hi. I can help you with your English (and others too, if they want). I'm 21 year old Chinese guy from Singapore, went to college in the United States, but had to come back last year. Anyway, my Mandarin is bad. would be good to improve it.

Email is clementyun@hotmail.com

libaca

Postby libaca » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:41 am

Sorry, I think I didn't make it clear.
I'd like to find a language exchange parter who is Aussie, Kiwi, English, American, Canadian or S. African. Just don't like the Singapore accent so much. :(

Postby Guest » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:18 am

Hi, 28yr old english female. Im over here from Uk would be very interested in learning some mandarin in exchange for helping u with your english. dancinqueen28@hotmail.com

cyun

to libaca

Postby cyun » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:42 am

Libaca I think you're mistaken. I can't speak Singlish. I'm just a Chinese who learnt American English while studying in the US.

But I also don't think you should learn English from the locals here. I heard of expats' kids who picked up the bad singlish habit. Scary.....