Singapore Expats Forum

Wedding Ring

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

wedded

Wedding Ring

Postby wedded » Sun, 29 May 2005 4:09 pm

My fiance has been hinting me what kind of wedding rings do I like, the common rings are always a large diamond ring, can anyone recommend me something unique? :oops:

matching

Postby matching » Sun, 29 May 2005 9:55 pm

I got a plain gold band which matches my husbands. I didn't see the need to have anymore rocks in there (just not that way inclined). Anyway, I really like my engagement ring and thought more stones would deflect from it. My 2 cents.

Re: Wedding Ring

Postby Guest » Mon, 30 May 2005 12:23 am

wedded wrote:My fiance has been hinting me what kind of wedding rings do I like, the common rings are always a large diamond ring, can anyone recommend me something unique? :oops:

Try a nose ring or a dog collar, and save some money, jewellary is a very bad investment, even diamond rings. You can only ever get scrap price, So do your self a favour, It's the thought that counts, not the dollars

rom

Postby rom » Mon, 30 May 2005 2:27 am

i JUST purchased my wedding rings over the week-end and went through exactly the same dillemma. Wanted something unusual yet not TOO overpriced...

Ended up buying a ring from Tiffany.. the Atlas collection. Its not your usual platinum no. but it does make for quite an interesting wedding ring if you're trying to get away from that whole plain band thing everyone else seems to have. And my fiance wanted wedding rings that matched exactly, so these worked out well as they have them in many sizes and they look pretty much gender neutral.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 31 May 2005 8:29 am

If you're looking for something original, why don't you try designing something yourself. If you're not too artistically inclined (much like myself - ahem...) then maybe a jeweller could sketch something for you if you describe the idea to him/her.

Good luck - I really enjoyed shopping for rings (much more than planning weddings!) a really romantic time, I thought...

Morticia

Postby Morticia » Tue, 31 May 2005 8:50 am

Check out the Tacori website if you are looking for some interesting ideas for bands...
Anywhere but straight.