Singapore Expats Forum

Racism alive and thriving in Singapore thread now deleted

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

PhantomX

Racism alive and thriving in Singapore thread now deleted

Postby PhantomX » Sun, 29 May 2005 9:34 am

This thread has now been deleted. What started off as a possibly stimulating and enlightening discussion on the topic has degenerated into mindless comments that has provoked ill will rather than level headed discussion. I was in 2 minds about deleting earlier on and posted warning to all that if the thread was to be saved that participants adhere to the 'rules' of the game. And of course it fell on deaf ears... so now its deleted :!:
X

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Sun, 29 May 2005 9:54 am

Thank you PhantomX.

To Be Fair

Re: Racism alive and thriving in Singapore thread now delete

Postby To Be Fair » Mon, 30 May 2005 2:44 am

PhantomX wrote:This thread has now been deleted. What started off as a possibly stimulating and enlightening discussion on the topic has degenerated into mindless comments that has provoked ill will rather than level headed discussion. I was in 2 minds about deleting earlier on and posted warning to all that if the thread was to be saved that participants adhere to the 'rules' of the game. And of course it fell on deaf ears... so now its deleted :!:

I hope that you are unbiased yourself. Seems to me that negative stereotyping and racist remarks about Singaporeans are tolerated on this forum...much more than negative remarks about Caucasians.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Racism alive and thriving in Singapore thread now delete

Postby Global Citizen » Mon, 30 May 2005 10:19 am

To Be Fair wrote: I hope that you are unbiased yourself. Seems to me that negative stereotyping and racist remarks about Singaporeans are tolerated on this forum...much more than negative remarks about Caucasians.

Actually I had pm'ed Phantom to delete my thread as it was going nowhere constructive. I was actually getting tired of reading the same old inane, bigoted comments, specifically the last few posts that were more malicious and destructive in intent. Too bad the trolls (You know who you are) predictably crawled out like worms from the woodwork and made personal attacks rather than contribute to the topic at hand.