Singapore Expats Forum

Blogger Bashing

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

merlin69

Blogger Bashing

Postby merlin69 » Tue, 24 May 2005 6:20 pm

Greetings all,

I expect that some of you might have something to say about the incidence of Blogger Bashing that has arisen recently. What is your take on this development? Have Bloggers overstepped the bounds of propriety? Or is the reaction against them a blow against free speech? Your thoughts?

Regards

BG

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Blogger Bashing

Postby Global Citizen » Tue, 24 May 2005 8:56 pm

merlin69 wrote:Greetings all,

I expect that some of you might have something to say about the incidence of Blogger Bashing that has arisen recently. What is your take on this development? Have Bloggers overstepped the bounds of propriety? Or is the reaction against them a blow against free speech? Your thoughts?

Regards

BG

I can't comment on the incident between the PSC blogger and Phillip Yeo because I'm unaware of what was written as it was all taken off rather quickly, but in the case of the other PSC blogger Chua, yes he had definitely overstepped the bounds of propriety. Freedom comes with responsibility and nothing, nothing at all is ever totally private on the world wide web.

Marriedguy

Postby Marriedguy » Thu, 26 May 2005 5:14 pm

Criticising is perfectly acceptable as long as you have the facts to back it up. Defamation is a definite no no.
Cest la vie.