Singapore Expats

where to rent garage space?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
hjbf

where to rent garage space?

Post by hjbf » Tue, 24 May 2005 11:52 am

I will need some space to do a bit of wood working, building boat models, etc. In Europe it's fairly easy to rent a garage to do this things... I have no idea where even to start looking in Singapore. Any tips would be appreciated...

rush0

Re: where to rent garage space?

Post by rush0 » Sun, 19 Sep 2021 5:02 pm

Hi, I'm looking for similar things. I need a space to run some servers. The noise level is a little bit higher than usual, so I don't want to break the quietness of my living room. Any thoughts or suggestions?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 20 Sep 2021 10:12 am

rush0 wrote:
Sun, 19 Sep 2021 5:02 pm
Hi, I'm looking for similar things. I need a space to run some servers. The noise level is a little bit higher than usual, so I don't want to break the quietness of my living room. Any thoughts or suggestions?
https://aws.amazon.com/

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:55 am

There are a lot of light industrial areas in Singapore that might work for you. It depends where you are located. These tend to be strips of shops, each with a garage door and an entry door. Various sizes. You'll find anything and everything in the shop areas.

Where you rent depends upon where you live. Light industrial buildings are all over the island.

For example, near Alexandra and Jalan Bukit Merah, there are tons of mostly automotive and motorcycle stalls.

On Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, east of CTE, there is the AMK tech park... again, lots of small stalls... these ones are primarily air conditioning, electrical, and the such.

There are a ton of rental shops available near Ubi Ave 2 and Paya Lebar... tons of different buildings... some with internal hallway access, some with external access.

There are many more... for example, west of the intersection of Lavender and Kallang there are many hardware type shops.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 2:40 am

Quite a few spaces in the Jurong area as well, by IMM and Jem.