Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for IT Job?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

stealth

Looking for IT Job?

Postby stealth » Tue, 24 May 2005 5:28 am

Hi,

I'm a Filipino male, 33yo currently based here in the Middle East and working as an IT professional (Data Center Operations - Team Leader) in a prestigious financial institution here. I'm looking for a relevant job opportunities in Singapore and maybe anyone from here who could help me or provide informations about it. For employers, there should nothing to be worried about, just provide me an epass/visa and I will take care of my relocation expenses.

Many thanks,
STEALTH

DarthHorse

Looking for IT Job?

Postby DarthHorse » Thu, 26 May 2005 2:49 am

Hi,
My advice to you is not to come to Singapore for IT jobs. Many employers here are outsourcing their IT jobs to IT consultant agencies, which pay peanuts to IT professionals like you.

If you insist to come to Singapore, prepare to get only half of what you are getting in Middle east. There are too many jobless IT professionals here, causing an oversupply to market demand.

However, there is a shortage of SAP & Datawarehousing consultants. if you have any of those skills, then you can consider getting a job in Singapore.

Postby Guest » Thu, 26 May 2005 4:41 am

Thanks for the advice, actually I already knew the industry standard in singapore because I almost got there via Sony Electronics. Your're right, here in the gulf they offer double or sometimes triple compare to the packages given in singapore but that's not the reason why I'm looking for a stint not only in singapore but anywhere else. My concerns are...(1) Security (bombings/violence, no privacy, no peace of mind..etc) and (2) further career advancement in terms of global competitiveness. Money...singapore standard will be ok as long as I'm happy with my work and likewise the environment.

Anyway, thanks again for your note.....

Regards,

Postby Guest » Thu, 26 May 2005 4:41 am

Thanks for the advice, actually I already knew the industry standard in singapore because I almost got there via Sony Electronics. Your're right, here in the gulf they offer double or sometimes triple compare to the packages given in singapore but that's not the reason why I'm looking for a stint not only in singapore but anywhere else. My concerns are...(1) Security (bombings/violence, no privacy, no peace of mind..etc) and (2) further career advancement in terms of global competitiveness. Money...singapore standard will be ok as long as I'm happy with my work and likewise the environment.

Anyway, thanks again for your note.....

Regards,