Singapore Expats Forum

Standard of living in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

sb

Standard of living in Singapore

Postby sb » Mon, 23 May 2005 7:54 pm

Hi,
I am closing on a job offer in Singapore, a sales position in an renowned bank..Could you please tell me what salary should i negociate for to have a decent living with my wife? Thanks a lot

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 23 May 2005 8:43 pm

What do you define as decent? Like most countries, Singapore has a lower class, a middle class, and an upper class. You can spend between $600 and $20,000 per month for housing. You can spend a little or a lot on food depending upon where you shop. You can have small or large utility bills depending upon your air conditioning extravagance.

T2K
Regular
Regular

Postby T2K » Mon, 23 May 2005 9:32 pm

Agreed. You need to at least define your current standard of living where you are now, if not fully explaining your expectations for a decent standard of living here in SG. Then you can get some good advice.

sb

Postby sb » Tue, 24 May 2005 2:44 pm

Hey thanks...
by "Live decently" I meant that a comfortable life for two (without having my wife work). A flat in a middleclass locality, enough money to take care of the food and other basic necessities ,entertaining once 2 weeks and some savings.