korean food

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
korean

korean food

Post by korean » Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:49 pm

where can i find korean foodstuff n supermarket in singapore?

Sonus
Regular
Regular

Re: korean food

Post by Sonus » Sun, 13 Jun 2004 5:17 pm

korean wrote:where can i find korean foodstuff n supermarket in singapore?
Dear friend, there's a korean foodstuff shop at Burlington Square opposite of Sim Lim Square. The shop is located along the main road. Another shop is located at Union building opposite of Amara Hotel. You can go alighted at Tanjong Pagar Mrt station. Hope this helps. :wink:

Helpful Singaporean

Korean Supermarket

Post by Helpful Singaporean » Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:25 am

You may visit the following addresses. You better give these places a call first to find out their opening hours.. 8)

1. Shine Korean Supermarket (Address: 175, Bencoolen Street, #01-10/11, Burlington Square, Telephone:62388897)

2. Koreana Trading Pte Ltd (Address: 163, Tras Street, #01-01, Lian Huat Building, Telephone: 63245016)

3. Sin Korea Supermarket (511 Guillemard Road, #01-30, Telephone: 6844372)

Good Luck!

Helpful Singapore again

ops!

Post by Helpful Singapore again » Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:28 am

Sorry, the number for Sin Korean Supermarket is 68443721

raye

Post by raye » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:49 am

Which of these supermarkets carry a wider and fresher selection?
There's no such thing as bad weather, only weak minds.

Dianthus

Post by Dianthus » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 9:42 pm

Recently I found a small Korean food shop at the basement of Cine Leisure off Orchard Rd (I think that was the name of the building .. the cinema near California Fitness on Orchard Rd). The food section was at the back of Korean accessory/cosmetic shop. I don't know how good the place is but if you are in town, why don't you have a look? They seemed to have the basic stuff.

Barney

Post by Barney » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 1:07 am

I have tried both at Burlington Square(Shine?) and the one at Tanjong Pagar (Koreana Trading?).

It all depends on what you are looking for, if you enjoy cooking and would like to try with meat, then the wholesale store at Tanjong Pagar is suitable, but the sales person...presumingly the store owner as well is rather rude and proud. Most of the products in the store does not carry any translation, no price indicated as well, so if you want to make purchase and don't know how you have to muster the courage to ask, and she ain't friendly at all.

The one at Burlington is a more user friendly store, lots of snacks and utentsils for the newbies. Kimichis are plenty as well.

I have yet to scout out at the new store in Cineleisure. Will do so soon.

Happy searching!

raye

Post by raye » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:48 am

Many thanks for the recommendation - have checked out the koreana one (on tras street) and think the ppl there are definitely quite unfriendly..
as for the one on guillemard - it's a little cramped..

really hoping to find a supermarket like those in korea...big, clean...=)

As for the labeling, agree it's quite difficult to figure out what the various items are used for..any way to find out the various ingredients used for korean cooking?
There's no such thing as bad weather, only weak minds.