Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 25 May 2005 3:26 pm

tanger wrote:Can you please give me a phone number of the agency?
I need visa for Indonesia so would check with them if they can arrange them for me.
Thanks!

The travel agent I am using does not assist with visas. Ask Eric from the NL - he's apparently got a good contact. :wink:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 25 May 2005 6:02 pm

Are there any other golfers out there? My partner and I are thinking about joining in the evening fun.

What we are thinking about is a round of golf at Bintan Lagoon on Saturday after arrival, then spend the remainder of the day and evening eating and drinking.

We might also see if we can rent a couple of motorbikes to tour the island on Sunday.

Anyone else up for golf?

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Wed, 25 May 2005 8:42 pm

Fohls wrote:I'll bring the matches. Like all good hunter gatherers I am a good fire starter. *Beats chest*. :twisted:

A cheeky tarzan too! 8) :lol:

I'll bring marshmallow, yum!

What else can we do there by any chance, besides golfing which I've never done, biking which I don't have license nor skill for yet, hiking, and oh burning stuff, YAY! :twisted:
I reckon being pissed is already a fixed agenda :lol:
Where did I put the Indonesian Lonely Planet book? *frantically looking in the unopened boxes*

Softball on the beach would be fun. Did that once, only with some trees branches and we made the ball ourselves from errrr stuff :lol:

Errrr feel a little lonely to be singled out... so any girls would share a room by any chance?
I'll errr make Japanese onigiri for the beach picnic for the roomy :wink: Considering I most likely can't cook to save my life, that is an effort! :oops:
Just take all of my onigiri if I snore :oops: :oops:

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Thu, 26 May 2005 5:42 am

Since we will need to give details and payment to seraphim and so instead of troubling her to have to see us one by one or at least some of us one by one, why don't we, who are confirmed in going and don't mind to meet up, get together this week?
I can offer my place for dinner, even though I don't guarantee any good cooking :oops: I can cook simple stuff though. Just have to buy the groceries before 8.30 and if people who are coming are willing to bring some stuff that would be great.
Sat night would be the best for me. Tonight is ok also but it's a bit short notice for people I reckon. But I'll be checking this thread and my PM during the day sometimes if anybody esp. seraphim fancies tonight.

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:42 am

I can make tonight and early Saturday evening would be ok but I've got plans later on on Saturday night.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 26 May 2005 1:11 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Are there any other golfers out there? My partner and I are thinking about joining in the evening fun.

What we are thinking about is a round of golf at Bintan Lagoon on Saturday after arrival, then spend the remainder of the day and evening eating and drinking.

We might also see if we can rent a couple of motorbikes to tour the island on Sunday.

Anyone else up for golf?

Hi Strong eagle,

would be nice to meet you at the Bintan bliss, won't join you for the golf part, but I would be in for the motobike cruising, that one is a good idea. See you the 18th then!?

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 26 May 2005 1:16 pm

Kimi wrote:
Fohls wrote:I'll bring the matches. Like all good hunter gatherers I am a good fire starter. *Beats chest*. :twisted:

A cheeky tarzan too! 8) :lol:

I'll bring marshmallow, yum!

What else can we do there by any chance, besides golfing which I've never done, biking which I don't have license nor skill for yet, hiking, and oh burning stuff, YAY! :twisted:
I reckon being pissed is already a fixed agenda :lol:
Where did I put the Indonesian Lonely Planet book? *frantically looking in the unopened boxes*

Softball on the beach would be fun. Did that once, only with some trees branches and we made the ball ourselves from errrr stuff :lol:

Errrr feel a little lonely to be singled out... so any girls would share a room by any chance?
I'll errr make Japanese onigiri for the beach picnic for the roomy :wink: Considering I most likely can't cook to save my life, that is an effort! :oops:
Just take all of my onigiri if I snore :oops: :oops:

Seraphim will give an overview of things to do, such as board surfing, windsurfing, jetskiing, sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving is also possible. Beachvolleybal, beachsoccer, ANYTHING related to beach....

See ya all the 18th, own't be able to attend pre-meetings if organised, as I am travelling all the way 'til the 10th of June as of today...

Oh, let me post the travel agency details here, so you can use them if you feel like doing so:

New Shan Travel, www.newshan.com

Agent is Winnie Wong, tel. 62219333.

They charge a 20 sing or so extra, but to me it is worth the hassle....

See ya the 18th!

Eric

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

meet

Postby MusicFever » Thu, 26 May 2005 2:10 pm

Kimi,
Same as Fohls, I can make it tonight or early Sat night. You know my cell phone number, right? just call/sms me if the plan is fixed.

Kimi wrote:Since we will need to give details and payment to seraphim and so instead of troubling her to have to see us one by one or at least some of us one by one, why don't we, who are confirmed in going and don't mind to meet up, get together this week?
I can offer my place for dinner, even though I don't guarantee any good cooking :oops: I can cook simple stuff though. Just have to buy the groceries before 8.30 and if people who are coming are willing to bring some stuff that would be great.
Sat night would be the best for me. Tonight is ok also but it's a bit short notice for people I reckon. But I'll be checking this thread and my PM during the day sometimes if anybody esp. seraphim fancies tonight.

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Thu, 26 May 2005 5:36 pm

I was so busy today at work *sigh* and I forgot to save your number the other day! SOooooo sorry!
Call or SMS me cos I think you saved my number?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:11 pm

Kimi, early saturday evening seems fine to me too, i should be free after 6.30 pm for a little while. so if this works out, do pm me, otherwise i hope to make it on the 18th.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:14 pm

I'm free on Saturday evening too. :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:19 pm

how about meeting somewhere on orchard road? for a quick beer or something like that.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:22 pm

That sounds like a better plan actually - then Kimi doesn't have to rush about buying groceries! You can always cook for us next week, or we'll just take over the restaurant kitchen in Bintan! :twisted:

I'm a huge fan of Hoegaarden....what say something at Emerald Hill?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:27 pm

seraphim wrote:That sounds like a better plan actually - then Kimi doesn't have to rush about buying groceries! You can always cook for us next week, or we'll just take over the restaurant kitchen in Bintan! :twisted:

I'm a huge fan of Hoegaarden....what say something at Emerald Hill?

sounds good to me, and its walking distance from my place :D

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 26 May 2005 11:07 pm

I can't make Saturday... guest in from the US. Do let me know how it turns out on Saturday.

I'm about 80 percent in at this point... trying to decided whether to stay at Bintan Lagoon or Mana Mana... points in favor of each.

Ta ta for now.