Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sat, 21 May 2005 1:12 am

Err for sleeping arrangement, I'm ok about sharing even with the blokes. Done that in my ski trips, but have to warn whoever is sleeping beside me that I might just snuggle and hug you like a pillow, which is not out of any dodgy intention loh! :oops: :lol: Reckon it depends on the recipient's cup of tea ay? :roll:
I can be put in the corner in order not to endanger anybody actually, so that should settle it 8)

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sat, 21 May 2005 10:29 am

Kimi wrote:Err for sleeping arrangement, I'm ok about sharing even with the blokes. Done that in my ski trips, but have to warn whoever is sleeping beside me that I might just snuggle and hug you like a pillow, which is not out of any dodgy intention loh! :oops: :lol: Reckon it depends on the recipient's cup of tea ay? :roll:
I can be put in the corner in order not to endanger anybody actually, so that should settle it 8)

LOL! No worries, Kimi - most of the rooms I have booked are for twin share so its two single beds in the room.

SwingMonkey - Passing out on the beach is spontaneous and frivolous affair - best served unplanned, but definitely welcome! 8)

Sapphire - Pleasedo try and make it for the 18th....you don't want to make an angel cry, do you? :wink:

Oriental - you're in! I booked a Queen bedded room with you and your partner in mind.

JJ - Depending on your nationality, you might be able to purchase a temporary visa at the immigration counter in Indonesia, as the Ferry Terminal for Bintan IS an official entry point.

Fuz182 - Too bad you can't make it, but if all goes well, who knows if it happens again? :D

Whew! Think that's the lot of it! :)
Last edited by seraphim on Sun, 22 May 2005 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sat, 21 May 2005 10:37 am

Of course there is a bed! *duh* I was thinking of one of those traditional Japanese lodge where heaps of people can be put in one big room and sleep on futons on the tatami floor :oops:
Good stuff though.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 21 May 2005 11:18 am

Oriental wrote:June 18 is working fine for us, so count us in.

Eric from NL: It seems that a Visa is needed when entering Indonesia outside of the main entry-points i.e. major ports and airports. If my assumption is correct then please post details on your travel agent. PS: what a romantic little fish you are, indeed 8). Hasta la vista.

I PM-ed the details to you!

Muy bien, hables espanol tambien? Oye amiga, es solamente una palabra de Juan Luis Guerra, perro me gusto mucho.... muy romantico...

Hasta Luego!

Eric

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Join

Postby MusicFever » Sat, 21 May 2005 9:11 pm

Hey seraphim,
18th Jun is not the best day for me but I think I can arrange my schedule for it. Not sure if there is still one vacancy for me. I dont mind to share room with sb but definitely 2 beds. :)
As I need apply for visa, if confirm to take me in, let me know... seems I still have plenty of time for the visa application :p
Cheers!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 22 May 2005 6:21 pm

seraphim, i think u should do a head count, finalise with people who are absolutely sure of making it to bintan. last minute guests like me can always crash on an extra bed/mattress.

i say this because u have already gone to the trouble of booking rooms.

so far, Eric, Fohls, Oriental (a couple), Music Fever and Kimi seem about 90% confirmed. thats 6 people and including u, 7 in total. so 6 rooms already taken care of.

if i've missed anyone, do pipe up and let seraphim know.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sun, 22 May 2005 8:57 pm

sapphire wrote: .....last minute guests like me can always crash on an extra bed/mattress.

Since when are you a last minute guest?!?!? You've gotta make it hun! :wink:

Okay, so far I've received 13 replies, totaling 14 people. However, I still need info on who's flying solo and who's not. Oriental has a partner, and that's been firmly kept in mind, but is anyone else bringing a partner? Please let me know (out here or via PM) so I can confirm numbers.

Otherwise, here are the bare basic details for you to 'work' with:

Date: 18th June

Total rooms currently held: 7 (4 twin share + 3 Queen)

Suggested Ferry departure time: 9am (any violent objections?)

Confirmation deadline: 03 June (As per the agents request, I need to give her all the details by this date or all the unconfirmed rooms will be released).

I will also need from each of you:
Full Name
Passport Number
Nationality
Passport Date of Expiry
Date of Birth
Ferry departure time from Singapore and Bintan
(if you decide not to go with the gang)
Rooming preference (ie, do you mind sharing, if necessary?)

Now there are two ways we can arrange this - either I'll arrange to meet each of you to collect cash and puchase the rooms together, then distribute tickets at the ferry terminal or I can give all details to the agent, and all you need to do is pop down to the ticketing office to make payment individually and pick up your tickets. Not that I don't want to be helpful, but the latter option seems to make more sense to me. :wink:

Please PM me of more info is required or drop me a note out here. Cheers!

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sun, 22 May 2005 9:21 pm

18th is my last day for my current Mandarin class so I have to be there.
How long does it take from the ferry place to the accomodation roughly?
My course finishes at 5 and it's around River Valley Rd., so I'll just grab a taxi to go to the ferry place after 5 providing there is a ferry still I hope?

Preliminary rendezvous should be ok for the confirmed people? So we can just give you the money and info all at once. Plus I haven't given my real first name to people here when everybody who attended the rendezvous so far seem to be trusting and trustworthy :oops:
I do expect however, no publicity of personal info in the forum nor sharing of info to others without asking...

As for the room, I reckon I probably should be singled out, cos I just remembered when I'm knackered apparently I do snore :oops: :oops:

18th is definitely ok for me it seems cos I'll be in Japan earlier than that or in July even. On one of the weekdays the week after is my b'day so shall we have a b'day rendezvous on the beach as well then? 8)

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sun, 22 May 2005 9:59 pm

Kimi wrote:18th is my last day for my current Mandarin class so I have to be there.
How long does it take from the ferry place to the accomodation roughly?
My course finishes at 5 and it's around River Valley Rd., so I'll just grab a taxi to go to the ferry place after 5 providing there is a ferry still I hope?

No worries, there are ferries running up til 8pm every evening, almost every hour. I know there is one at 5pm, and 8pm, but not sure about in between. Will check and let you know. The ferry journey is only 45 mins, and there will be a representative from Mana Mana to show you to the coach, which takes about 10 to 15 minutes to reach the resort. Also, factor in immigration timing, depending on how full the ferry is.

Kimi wrote:Preliminary rendezvous should be ok for the confirmed people?
I can meet you if you like to collect payment, but its up to everyone else if they wish for me to collect their tickets. Like you, I haven't met anyone personally, and some of them may not be comfortable with giving money to a stranger? :oops:

Kimi wrote:I do expect however, no publicity of personal info in the forum nor sharing of info to others without asking...
This is of course of the utmost importance, and I'd like to reassure everyone that no personal details will be revealed to anyone else at any point in time. Details are gathered purely for the purpose of booking accomodation and ferry tickets.

PM me your contact number/email address including all your details, and I'll arrange to meet you.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

details

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 23 May 2005 1:47 pm

Hey,
What abt the returning time? I prefer to go with the gang. More, where are you guys going to change money, singapore or there? and how much would be enough for that journey? Just give me a rough figure. :)

seraphim wrote:
sapphire wrote: .....last minute guests like me can always crash on an extra bed/mattress.

Since when are you a last minute guest?!?!? You've gotta make it hun! :wink:

Okay, so far I've received 13 replies, totaling 14 people. However, I still need info on who's flying solo and who's not. Oriental has a partner, and that's been firmly kept in mind, but is anyone else bringing a partner? Please let me know (out here or via PM) so I can confirm numbers.

Otherwise, here are the bare basic details for you to 'work' with:

Date: 18th June

Total rooms currently held: 7 (4 twin share + 3 Queen)

Suggested Ferry departure time: 9am (any violent objections?)

Confirmation deadline: 03 June (As per the agents request, I need to give her all the details by this date or all the unconfirmed rooms will be released).

I will also need from each of you:
Full Name
Passport Number
Nationality
Passport Date of Expiry
Date of Birth
Ferry departure time from Singapore and Bintan
(if you decide not to go with the gang)
Rooming preference (ie, do you mind sharing, if necessary?)

Now there are two ways we can arrange this - either I'll arrange to meet each of you to collect cash and puchase the rooms together, then distribute tickets at the ferry terminal or I can give all details to the agent, and all you need to do is pop down to the ticketing office to make payment individually and pick up your tickets. Not that I don't want to be helpful, but the latter option seems to make more sense to me. :wink:

Please PM me of more info is required or drop me a note out here. Cheers!

Oriental
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Oriental » Mon, 23 May 2005 7:20 pm

I found the Indonesian Presidential Decree No. 103, 2003, which regulates Short Visit Free Visa Facilities. So, if your nationality is listed you can, for a fee, get your visa on arrival at Bintan.

Indonesia’s New Visa Policy

Decree of the Minister of Justice and Human Rights, No.M-04.01.10. 2003 regulates the Visa-On Arrival Facilities.

Presidential Decree No. 103, 2003 regulates Short Visit Free Visa Facilities.

Valid for the citizens of :

1. Australia
2. Argentina
3. Brazil
4. Canada
5. Denmark
6. Finland
7. France
8. Germany
9. Hungary
10. Italy
11. Japan
12. New Zealand
13. Norway
14, Poland
15. South Africa
16. South Korea
17. Switzerland
18. Taiwan
19. United Kingdom
20. United Arab Emirates
21. United States

The maximum period permitted to stay is 30 ( thirty ) days.

This Visa neither be extended nor be coverted into other status of immigration permit.

This Visa is valid for tourism, social culture, business visit and government duties.

This Visa is valid for tourism, social culture, business visit and government duties.

In case of natural disaster, accident, or illness this permit can be extended by approval of the Minister of Justice and Human Rights.

Entrance and departure may be effected only via the following ports :

Airport :

1. Polonia - Medan 8. Selaparang - Mataram
2. Adisucipto - Yogyakarta 9. Sam Ratulangi - Manado
3. Tabing - Padang 10. Sepinggan - Balikpapan
4. Soekarno-Hatta - Jakarta 11. Hasanuddin - Makasar
5. Juanda - Surabaya 12. El Tarl - Kupang
6. Ngurah Rai - Bali 13. Adisumarmo - Surakarta
7. Halim Perdana Kusuma - Jakarta 14. Sultan Syarief Kasim II - Pakanbaru

Seaport :

1. Sekupang, Batu Ampar, Nongsa, Marina Teluk Senimba in Batam
2. Bandar Bintan Telani, Lagoi, Bandar Sri Udana Lobam in Tanjung Uban
3. Belawan - Medan
4. Sibolga - Sibolga
5. Yos Sudarso - Dumai
6. Teluk Bayur - Padang
7. Tanjung Priok - Jakarta
8. Padang Bai and Denoa - Bali
9. Jayapura - Papua
10. Bitung - Bitung
11. Tanjung Balai Karimun - Tanjung Balai
12. Tanjung Mas - Semarang
13. Tenau - Kupang
14. Pare-pare - Pare-pare
15. Soekarno Hatta - Makassar

Fees for Visa On Arrival :

For 3 ( three ) day visit
For 30 ( thirty ) day visit = US.$. 10,00
= US.$. 25,00

The above regulations will be effective as of 01 February 2004

I hope this will help clarify the visa matter.
Impossible is nothing!

newgirl
Regular
Regular

pizzas at mana mana

Postby newgirl » Mon, 23 May 2005 7:55 pm

Try out the pizzas at mana mana- they are amazing. I was only there for 2 nites and I had 3 in that time!!!! I think I have v severe PWS now- pizza withdrawal symptoms.

Enjoy

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Mon, 23 May 2005 7:58 pm

I know what you mean! But I think the tandoori chicken pizza I had the last time had a *wee* bit too much cumin seed on it. Still tasty though!

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Mon, 23 May 2005 8:25 pm

MusicFever wrote:Hey,
What abt the returning time? I prefer to go with the gang. More, where are you guys going to change money, singapore or there? and how much would be enough for that journey? Just give me a rough figure. :)

We'll sort out the return ferry details soon enough, first we need to work out whats decent timing for everyone. As for currency, most of the resorts only accept Singapore currency, so you won't need to change money. All I brought for my last 2 day trip was SGD100, and that was sufficient, to cover snokeling and basic food. But if its the Saturday night beach party you're most looking forward too, bring extra cash for booze!

Oriental wrote:... for a fee, get your visa on arrival at Bintan.

Seaport :
2. Bandar Bintan Telani, Lagoi, Bandar Sri Udana Lobam in Tanjung Uban

Thanks Oriental! And just to completely clarifiy this - Bandar Bentan Telani *is* the port where you enter Indonesia if you take the direct ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Just checked my passport, and thats what the stamp says! :wink:

Now I have another question - how do some of you feel about getting there early on Friday night instead, to have a get-to-know-each-other' dinner before we get all caught up in activites the next day? I'm gung ho, and easy going, so it works both ways for me. Either way, Friday night or saturday night, I can assist to arrange it. Let me know your preference. :D

Lastly, I will be sending rooming costs the semi-confirmed people today. Those of you that messaged me to say you couldn't make it - no worries, there's always another time! Anyone else that wants to come but hasn't PM'ed me details or at least an affirmative response - please do so now! :shock: :P

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Visa

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 23 May 2005 10:00 pm

My country is not listed here, so can I apply the visa through the travel agency when we book the tour package?

[quote="Oriental"]I found the Indonesian Presidential Decree No. 103, 2003, which regulates Short Visit Free Visa Facilities. So, if your nationality is listed you can, for a fee, get your visa on arrival at Bintan.

Indonesia’s New Visa Policy

Decree of the Minister of Justice and Human Rights, No.M-04.01.10. 2003 regulates the Visa-On Arrival Facilities.

Presidential Decree No. 103, 2003 regulates Short Visit Free Visa Facilities.

Valid for the citizens of :

1. Australia
2. Argentina
3. Brazil
4. Canada
5. Denmark
6. Finland
7. France
8. Germany
9. Hungary
10. Italy
11. Japan