Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
SwingMonkey

Visa's for Australians...

Postby SwingMonkey » Fri, 20 May 2005 10:43 am

I was in jakarta a couple of months back, Australians can purchase visa on arrival as well....
Putting the 'fun' back in Dys-FUN-ctional :P

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Fri, 20 May 2005 10:49 am

sapphire wrote:Has someone else noticed that Fohls is a rather cheeky young man? :D

Qui Moi? :oops:

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Postby Fuz182 » Fri, 20 May 2005 1:56 pm

Yes yes! Noted... cheeky young man... Well, for those who haven't already met me, I'm happy meeting all of you at the beach on the weekend itself... as long as no one runs away... =D
In Life's school of war,
That which does not Destroy you,
Only makes you stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

JJ

Postby JJ » Fri, 20 May 2005 2:56 pm

People, we need to get the whatever return tickets first and then apply for the visa. That's the rule in Indonesian embassy. It takes about 3 or 4 working days.

Would most of you come solo or bring your partners?
No, no, you are silly sausage...

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:13 pm

Flying solo. 8)
"The weak surrender, only the bold survive." - Ferris Bueller

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:18 pm

JJ wrote:People, we need to get the whatever return tickets first and then apply for the visa. That's the rule in Indonesian embassy. It takes about 3 or 4 working days.

Would most of you come solo or bring your partners?

oh great! then, we need to fix the date first and then buy tickets and then apply for visa! thats just too much work, grrrrrrrr.

as far as solo or with partners is concerned, its your choice. all are welcome.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

KT
Chatter
Chatter

sounds fun...any chance of doing it in malaysia ?

Postby KT » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:35 pm

it sounds like a fun trip ...

however i think i ll have to give it a miss this time .... yea doing the visa process the last time ard when i went to Indo was a pain. And what makes it worse is you cant get a multiple entry visa like for malaysia .... that makes is so much easier.

if there is any chance of changing it to tioman or sm other malaysian island that would be super.

I ll be back frm japan by the first week of june ... and the rest of the weeks in june are all ok for me.....

I havent really had much opporunity to use my Ice Box .... wld be ideal for such a trip ... stack in the beers and then wont have to move at all .. lie there ...paradise.
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

JJ

Postby JJ » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:49 pm

Yeah, what to do.. I missed a couple of chances to go to Indonesia just due to the visa thing.

And, Fohls, you indeed sound like a hero!
No, no, you are silly sausage...

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:56 pm

Hello all! :D

Am so excited about this Bintan trip I actually postponed leaving for Malaysia today by a few hours so I could update details! :P

Okay, here's the scoop:

Looks like the 18th is the best bet, as a majority of folks are free. I understand from the staff at Mana Mana that the resort is full house on the 25th. So! 18th June it is! Today I've also taken the liberty to book 7 rooms at the resort as thats all they had left for those dates. So I guess that means we may have reached crowd capacity for this trip as there are no more vacanies at the resort. :?

The only other issue is : Are you guys willing to bunk together or does everyone want their own room? I admit I can be a selfish cow about rooming with people, so am assuming not everyone is comfortable with the idea? :oops:

Drop your thoughts on the subject out here and we'll get it sorted. Cheers and 'see' you on sunday! 8)
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:39 pm

sob sob, looks like i wont be able to make it because i wont be back till June 13th, and that gives me only 4 days to buy tickets, get visa etc.

and looking at the response of people who have applied for indonesian visa, chances are pretty slim for me to crack it by 18th. oh well...take lotsa pics and share them with me!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

newgirly1809

Oh poo!

Postby newgirly1809 » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:53 pm

Oooh, have only just looked on the forum, so many updates to read through!! I was planning on bring the other alf, but we're not a stuck together couple!! Thats said we're in Europe until 14th June and whilst I'm ok with the visa, he's not as needs to apply to the embassy for one with his 'alien" passport......think its the same situation then as Sapphire re timing for the visa processing so will have to give it a miss, sorry!!

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Postby Fuz182 » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:23 pm

I am CERTAIN I won't be able to make it on the weekend of the 18th.
But I really hope you guys have fun! I'm so looking forward to hearing about how it goes.. Looks like you guys aren't going to have the privilege of watching spare tyres bounce on the beach.... It's quite an enthralling sight. ;-)
In Life's school of war,

That which does not Destroy you,

Only makes you stronger.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

SwingMonkey

Beach...

Postby SwingMonkey » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:29 pm

seraphim wrote:The only other issue is : Are you guys willing to bunk together or does everyone want their own room? I admit I can be a selfish cow about rooming with people, so am assuming not everyone is comfortable with the idea? :oops:

Hmmm, you mean passing out on the beach from excessive duty free alcohol consumption is not inthe game plan? :D
Putting the 'fun' back in Dys-FUN-ctional :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 20 May 2005 6:46 pm

sapphire wrote:sob sob, looks like i wont be able to make it because i wont be back till June 13th, and that gives me only 4 days to buy tickets, get visa etc.

and looking at the response of people who have applied for indonesian visa, chances are pretty slim for me to crack it by 18th. oh well...take lotsa pics and share them with me!

Don't panic, it is possible to get the visa in 1 day... Yes, through that travel agent. I PM-ed the contactdetails to you Sapphire, so just make sure you be there! 8)

In case anyone else wants to know, I can send the details or post them here, if allowed by almighty Strong eagle and his descendants from heaven?

I am ok with sharing rooms with people who sleep without snoaring and/or additional noises from either end of the corpus. In return I cannot give any guarantees though.... :lol:

Eric

Oriental
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Oriental » Fri, 20 May 2005 7:31 pm

June 18 is working fine for us, so count us in.

Eric from NL: It seems that a Visa is needed when entering Indonesia outside of the main entry-points i.e. major ports and airports. If my assumption is correct then please post details on your travel agent. PS: what a romantic little fish you are, indeed 8). Hasta la vista.
Impossible is nothing!