Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 7:50 pm

sapphire wrote:at effing 6.30 am in the morn, u want me to take the MRT, then walk, then hop onto a bus and then alight and look for TMFT????????

that just makes me want to cry, lol. thanks though, the issue has been sorted out.

but, yeah thats an option for anyone else who is interested.

Maaf karna na... that mail was for Music Fever...
*ducks from sapphire's silver bullets* ... and anyone interested...in taking bus... :oops:

Didn't know Saphhire is staying at the other end of Singapore? *LOL*

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Re: TMFI

Postby seraphim » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 7:54 pm

MusicFever wrote:Agree to meet for a dinner 2 or 3 days before the trip and clear all doubts :oops:

How does Wednesday night, Jun 15th sound to you guys? We could meet for dinner a little early-ish, then pop round to the WNDC!

And anyone have a good idea where to go for dinner? All that keeps coming to mind for me is Vansh...I love the place, but its in the middle of nowhere, and I don't drive! :roll:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 9:08 pm

madwolfie wrote:
sapphire wrote:at effing 6.30 am in the morn, u want me to take the MRT, then walk, then hop onto a bus and then alight and look for TMFT????????

that just makes me want to cry, lol. thanks though, the issue has been sorted out.

*ducks from sapphire's silver bullets* ... and anyone interested...in taking bus... :oops:

chalo, maaf kiya :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MusicFever » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 9:39 pm

Dont worry sapphire, you still live in Singapore. We surely will arrive there in time, no matter we ride horses or take planes... :D
sapphire wrote:
madwolfie wrote:

chalo, maaf kiya :D

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:29 pm

What about Indonesian resto around Boat Quay?
My colleagues and I went there once and we loved it.
Then again, I'm very easy when it comes to food, so my opinion might not be the best.
I even could bring myself to eat basashi/raw horse meat, Japanese meal, and after hearing that my horse-lover best friend nearly wouldn't talk to me!

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:45 pm

Hi All!

Confirmed to meet at 7.30pm on Wednesday night, 15th June for dinner. To keep it convenient and central, We can meet just outside Aquadisiac at Wisma Atria.

See ya there! 8)

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 6:23 am

Can people who go be so kind to remind what to bring perhaps?
I know heaps of things can be rented or bought there I suppose, but just in case...
Am thinking to buy one of those picnic sheet to put on the sand, but perhaps anybody has a bigger one even? Cos the one I saw in a shop near my flat is only for one person.
Besides that, what I have in mind is a snorkel air tube (not sure what it's called...) and probably this thing to make you float on the water when you feel lazy to swim (dunno what that's called either, just saw it in the shop), anything else?

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 9:00 am

Sun-block, sun glasses, sun hat, swimsuit, beer and a smile is all i'm bringing 8)

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Bintan

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:14 pm

Fohls wrote:Sun-block, sun glasses, sun hat, swimsuit, beer and a smile is all i'm bringing 8)

That's all, I think...quite enough already, and make sure I bring myself there too...

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Re: TMFI

Postby mad » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:38 pm

Hi Seraphim,

Is that invite open for all, or only for those going for the Bintan Trip? :roll:

cheers

seraphim wrote:
MusicFever wrote:Agree to meet for a dinner 2 or 3 days before the trip and clear all doubts :oops:

How does Wednesday night, Jun 15th sound to you guys? We could meet for dinner a little early-ish, then pop round to the WNDC!

And anyone have a good idea where to go for dinner? All that keeps coming to mind for me is Vansh...I love the place, but its in the middle of nowhere, and I don't drive! :roll:

tips
Regular
Regular

Postby tips » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 2:49 pm

hey

is this trip stillopen for joining...wud like to see more places....

Postby Guest » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 3:03 pm

yeah mt too, wanna join, but if it's impossible.. would that be okay if i join for one day trip?

you all will go there saturday morning, and back sunday the latest ferry?

thaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :D

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 4:51 pm

Hi Tips and Guest

if you would still like to join the trip, then you can visit : http://www.brf.com.sg to see if there are any more ferry tickets available to get you to the Island. last time I checked, some of the ferries are *pretty* full in the morning but you may be able to get one in the early afternoon.

Mana Mana has no rooms available this weekend, but if you can find alternate accomodation, you are welcome to jon us. But you might want to PM one of us so you know who you are looking for when you get there! :lol:

Mad,

The dinner is mostly to clarify questions about the trip, but if you'd like to join us, drop me a note and I'll fill you in. Cheers!

tangerika
Regular
Regular

Postby tangerika » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 1:34 pm

seraphim wrote:Hi All!

Confirmed to meet at 7.30pm on Wednesday night, 15th June for dinner. To keep it convenient and central, We can meet just outside Aquadisiac at Wisma Atria.

See ya there! 8)

err... are we meeting 7.30 @ Auquadisiac or has the plan changed?

tequilabot

Bintan Bliss

Postby tequilabot » Tue, 14 Jun 2005 4:25 pm

Hi there, (Mad & guest)

If you are female, I'm most welcome you to share room & cost with me. afterall we all here is open to public. Pls PM me with your contact or meet us at tomorrow dinner place. your earlier reply is prefer. However you will have to reserve your own ferry ticket.

I had a twin bed room, which is currently occupied by myself.