Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 30 May 2005 9:00 pm

Fohls wrote: I also like swimming nekid in waterfalls :lol:

Yeah baby! :D

SE, i hope u arent talking about us womenfolk wizzing on a motorcycle. would be a bit complicated resulting in some wet patches! :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Bintan

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 30 May 2005 9:32 pm

Obviously everybody wishes to catch up with work on Monday, well, wait for me, wait for me... I will get on the 5pm ferry with you guys :wink:
Dear 2S (it's too easy for me to mix up your nicknames), thank you for your advice abt the proper swimming suit. Yeah, would like to take sun-bath with only necessary covers :P
And Kimi, I suppose 2S would share one room, and Eric and Fohls are perhaps perfect match too, so let's share another one no matter you arrive at 8pm or even later, can't think of anyone better....:lol:
C u guys ! It's just so great........

Postby Guest » Mon, 30 May 2005 9:48 pm

SE, i hope u arent talking about us womenfolk wizzing on a motorcycle. would be a bit complicated resulting in some wet patches!

Hmmmmm.... I wouldn't want to be following you... might not be 'Gorillas in the Mist' but would definitely be 'Monkey in the Mist'.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 30 May 2005 9:50 pm

^^^^ DAT WUZ ME! ^^^^

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 31 May 2005 6:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:
SE, i hope u arent talking about us womenfolk wizzing on a motorcycle. would be a bit complicated resulting in some wet patches!

Hmmmmm.... I wouldn't want to be following you... might not be 'Gorillas in the Mist' but would definitely be 'Monkey in the Mist'.

Yuck!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:22 am

And with all that said - now you know why I'm not too keen on 'whizzing' round Bintan with you guys. :lol:

I'm worn out after a long, long day but stopped in to say that now almost everyone has their tickets, yes? Note your ferry departure times and be sure to be there one hour before departure time for check in. Any later than that and you'll miss the boat, and may be in contention for Singapore most expensive taxi fare from X location to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. :wink:

And then, once we've reached Bintan.....and then, once we've settled in.....PARTY!!! 8)
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:26 am

I have a friend who wants to join... at least for golf... but holds a passport from Spain. Can anyone tell me cost/procedure to get a visa for a day of golf?

Grassy Ass.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:32 am

Last call for Bintan! Reply by June 3rd

Right-o, folks! This is THE last call to fill the last two rooms I have on hand for this trip. One is a Queen and one is a Twin room, so technically I can accomodate max 3 more people.

If you're keen to join us, you'll need to submit your COMPLETE details as requested previously in the thread. Sorry to make you sift back through so many pages, but I simply don't have the time to list it all again for each response I have received via PM with incomplete information.

Deadline is June 3rd. After that all unoccupied rooms will be released, and you'll have to make your own arrangements from there on out.

Come on now....step lively!

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:36 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I have a friend who wants to join... at least for golf... but holds a passport from Spain. Can anyone tell me cost/procedure to get a visa for a day of golf?

Grassy Ass.

Er.....visa guru is not available (aka Eric), and I know nothing about Visa applications, except that its a pain in the butt. :?

Maybe Sapphire or Music Fever can help?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:41 am

One is a Queen and one is a Twin room, so technically I can accomodate max 3 more people

Or... four or more very friendly people... non technically speaking, of course.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:51 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Oh, let me post the travel agency details here, so you can use them if you feel like doing so:

New Shan Travel, www.newshan.com

Agent is Winnie Wong, tel. 62219333.

They charge a 20 sing or so extra, but to me it is worth the hassle....

See ya the 18th!

Eric

there ya go SE ^^^^ i did call them, and i was told indonesian visa can be acquired within 3 working days. i'll be meeting this travel agent tomorrow, so will have more details then. i was asked to bring along the following:

1. Ferry ticket to Bintan
2. PR details
3. Passport size pic
4. Passport

they charge about 30 SGD, Indonesian visa is about 70 SGD, hope this helps...

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:33 am

Latest update - One more confirmed reservation! So I now have two more spaces to fill if you're keen.

Last requests by this Friday...... :wink:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:56 pm

... meanwhile, yours truly is dragging her feet on the visa front :lol:

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 1:35 pm

Get it sorted :x

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 3:50 pm

sapphire wrote:... meanwhile, yours truly is dragging her feet on the visa front :lol:

Better get going on this or you will have to swim back.