Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Wed, 18 May 2005 10:51 am

I'd be up for a little R&R. I'm free from June onwards. I'm away this coming weekend. Keep us posted!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 18 May 2005 11:28 am

Rrrrrrrrr 'n Rrrrrrrrrr sounds quite frightening, when looking at your avatar, Fohls.... :lol:

So it looks we're gonna have fun out there, aren't we?

Eric

JJ

Postby JJ » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:46 pm

Hoi~~~ late May and early June sound good to me! But, yeah, shall we have a pre-meetup or something? I'm a total newbie here and got no idea about who's whom yet.. :wink:
No, no, you are silly sausage...

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Postby Fuz182 » Wed, 18 May 2005 1:03 pm

This sounds like an entirely interesting possibility! I'd love to go! As it stands, I've got nothing booked for Jul 2nd. June 11th and june 18th weekends are booked for me.
In Life's school of war,
That which does not Destroy you,
Only makes you stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Wed, 18 May 2005 3:58 pm

Don't let Taz fool you, I can chill out with the best 8) . Can also be a whirling chaos maker :twisted:

Haha should be fun. I think the idea of meeting up first would be good. Get to know each other a bit before we go off on our travels.

BTW, anyone know if UK passport holders need visas to get to Indonesia?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 18 May 2005 4:29 pm

dont let Taz fool ya, that jabber jaw is coming right for your ankles!!

and i refuse to meet anybody before the bintan outing, i know u guys will say - old grannies arent welcome. so just take my word for it, i can be fun, especially after a few beers :wink:

take a look at this site fohls. not sure how authentic it is.
http://www.the-inncrowd.com/singtoindonesia.htm

else just call up the indonesian embassy.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 18 May 2005 4:30 pm

oh forgot to mention, cant make it if its gonna be scheduled for june 11th. but u guys have fun.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Wed, 18 May 2005 4:33 pm

Sapphire there's no rush. We should be able to organise it so that everyone can come. And as for the old grannies comment. If silver haired youngsters such as Strong Eagle are coming I'm sure you'll fit right in. I for one am not age-ist!!

newgirly1809

yeah yeah yeah

Postby newgirly1809 » Wed, 18 May 2005 5:11 pm

Ooooh, sounds good. Can I come? Lurve Mana Mana and always willing to make a fool of myself having ANOTHER Windsurfing lesson, I will get the hang of it one day.......

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Wed, 18 May 2005 5:19 pm

Looks like UK citizens can apply for visa on entry, but have to enter at certain places so I'll have to got through somewhere like Bandar Bentan Telani when we go. I think it's the same for those of you from the States and most Europeans.

http://www.indonesianembassy.org.uk/consular_visa_type_arrival.html

newgirly1809

ferry and visa

Postby newgirly1809 » Wed, 18 May 2005 5:29 pm

www.brf.co.sg

You can book your ferry online at above site. You pay the visa on entry for UK passports (sorry, not sure about others) and then a Mana Mana chap is waiting for you and takes you by coach to resort. Just need to make sure that you advise ferry details to them beforehand.

A group of us are going this weekend so I'll check re other passports and let you know..... 8)

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Wed, 18 May 2005 5:35 pm

newgirly thanks for the info. Looking forward to it already :lol:
"The weak surrender, only the bold survive." - Ferris Bueller

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Wed, 18 May 2005 6:04 pm

Wow...quite the response! Great!

And I have to agree with you Sapphire.....I'd rather be surprised by meeting all the new people on the 'official day'. Whats there to play it safe about? I'm sure most of us are non axe-wielding psychopaths, and probably friendly to boot.

I say we do it 'Nike' style and just "Just Do It!" :D
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 18 May 2005 6:16 pm

Woooow.....

Looks like the forum is gonna be down that very weekend, cause everybody will be hanging out at Bintan! :lol:

Love to hear from you New Girlie, about the Visa that is :wink: In case you don't know: I am Dutch and us need a visa as well. I always use a travel agent for it, but if it can be done on arrival, I will opt for that version.

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 18 May 2005 8:54 pm

seraphim wrote:Wow...quite the response! Great!

And I have to agree with you Sapphire.....I'd rather be surprised by meeting all the new people on the 'official day'. Whats there to play it safe about? I'm sure most of us are non axe-wielding psychopaths, and probably friendly to boot.

I say we do it 'Nike' style and just "Just Do It!" :D

yup, i wouldnt mind meeting people for the first time right there on the beach :D . however, if u want to judge by physical appearance only, then sure we can exchange pics. i have a clever programme to alter my features in a pic :wink: