Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan Beach Bliss

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 26 May 2005 11:10 pm

At last count I still have two rooms left - both Queen bedded. The resort is fully booked and three to a room can get pretty cramped, though its possible.

So those of you that indicated interest but have yet to PM me your name and passport number, please do so asap, as I'm waiting for too many people to get back to me. It's 'first come first serve' from here on out. Them's the breaks!
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

Oriental
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Oriental » Thu, 26 May 2005 11:20 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I'm about 80 percent in at this point... trying to decided whether to stay at Bintan Lagoon or Mana Mana... points in favor of each.

Hope you’ll make it on the 18th as I would really like to buy you a drink to show my appreciation for the useful information you supplied on one of my earlier posts.
Impossible is nothing!

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Whats available....

Postby seraphim » Thu, 26 May 2005 11:38 pm

Ok, for those of you asking what 'else' we can do besides laze on the beach in a drunken stupor (what?! That wasn't the WHOLE plan???), here's a quick run down of the seasports offered.

Snorkeling
Diving (No certification provided if you aren't certified)
Kayaking
Windsurfing
Jet Skis
Kite Surfing
Fishing trips

there's some other stuff available too but its mostly seasonal, so if conditions aren't permitting, the resort isn't either! :P

Rental of the equipment is pretty reasonable, but everything is in Sing dollars. The jet skis' and diving are the most expensive of the lot, coming in at $105 per hour and $100 for a one tank dive respectively. A two and half hour snorkeling trip is about 35, including rental of fins, mask and snorkel, one person kayak at $10.....you get the idea.

I'm also sorting out ferry timings which need to be submitted when you purchase the tickets (for both arrival and departure ferries). A couple of us have agreed to leave on the first ferry on Saturday morning (8am), and two more people will be leaving on the 11am ferry. Also, I believe Kimi has other commitments, and will have to take the 8pm ferry which is the last of the day, unless she can cut short her class and make it for the 5pm ferry.

If you want to join us for the first ferry of the morning, you'll need to meet us at TMFT at 7am for check in and boarding. We can grab breakfast or something. :wink: My intention in catching the first ferry out is so I can check in to my room and hop straight on the boat for the 11am snorkeling tour! :D There is another tour at 2pm, but I prefer to be out there when the sun is at it's highest for the best visibility.

If you'd like to join the late risers club :lol: at 11am, you need to be at the ferry terminal by 10am. Or join Kimi at 8pm (meet at TMFT by7pm).

As for departures, thats completely free and easy except that you have to tell the agent what time you want to come back! :roll: No worries though....I have checked and they will make allowances for you to switch ferries if you change your mind once you arrive.

Did I miss anything?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Re: Whats available....

Postby sapphire » Fri, 27 May 2005 12:28 am

seraphim wrote:

Did I miss anything?

yup, u did. just plain old lazing on the beach for old hags like me! :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Fri, 27 May 2005 12:45 am

Nah, I bet you'll be the first one out there on jet skis, scaring the heck out of the marine life. :P

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fohls » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:53 am

Count me in for a sundowner on Saturday evening. You've got my contact details I think Seraphim. If not PM me later today. Oh and I will be ruling the waves on a Jetski!

Cheers!

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Fri, 27 May 2005 7:25 pm

Would fancy doing diving actually, but when I tried to have a try in my trip in OZ in a 10m pool, I couldn't reduce the pressure in my ears when I went below 4m and I panicked :oops:
Didn't really like the feeling at all...
A friend who dives heaps said that it can be genetic but with practice one might be able to overcome it, but don't know how yet...
So it would be snorkeling, kayaking, jet skis most likely for me.

Although...I came home today quite early feeling quite bad with work and it was quite serious actually. So I'm having my doubts of going cos I reckon I'm going to be a hermit for couple of months...

Then again my b'day is the week after anyway so... and I shouldn't cancel on my roomy...

I'll sleep on it for one night and let you know Seraphim, in the meantime let me know about the details thingy ay?
Sorry for the trouble though :(

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:07 pm

Hello People,
This trip sounds so exciting!! Would love to meet up n chill out in Bintan too, but am not in town around that time :oops: :cry: so am just going to wish you guys lots of fun for this time. Hope to be able to join you guys the next time!

Cheers!

P.S. Seraphim, great organising, really appreciate your efforts!
One life - live it!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:36 pm

awww Kimi, we'll help u cheer up, so dont back out of the trip.

so where are we meeting then? how about Number 5 on Emerald Hill? and what time? i guess between 6.30 and 7 pm should be alright with everyone. Kimi, do join us there.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sat, 28 May 2005 2:10 am

Ice Cold Beer or No.5's is fine with me! 7pm sounds decent. Don't mind me if I look a wreck though..... :oops:

And for those of you that are confirmed going, would you mind bringing along the rest of the details that I need to complete your bookings? I've already picked up my ticket, just to get it out of the way and have a chat with the reservations staff to get the 'low down' on the trip.

Hope to see you there too Kimi.....please don't pull out - it'll be too much fun to miss!

And thanks for the well wishes Ind-Babe! :wink:

Fuz182
Regular
Regular

Postby Fuz182 » Sat, 28 May 2005 3:09 am

Seraphim! I'd have to agree, you're really doing an excellent job at arranging and organising this. It really is a pity I won't be able to be there. I would love to join up with you guys at emerald hill as well, but I do have other engagements to fulfil. I'm sure there'll be many other opportunities so all the best and ENJOY THE TRIP!!
In Life's school of war,
That which does not Destroy you,
Only makes you stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 28 May 2005 8:18 am

Tonite, 7 pm, No. 5, Emerald Hill it is.

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Sat, 28 May 2005 9:18 am

I think I'll stop by for a while.
Is this the place?
http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/sing ... gapore.htm
Would fancy meeting you lot :)
Who else is coming besides you and seraphim?

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sat, 28 May 2005 3:55 pm

I think Fohls might come. And SE said he might make it as well?

I'll go find out :lol:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 28 May 2005 5:25 pm

i thought SE cant make it, he has some guests over, fohls did say he would be there, but hasnt posted any confirmation since then.