Singapore Expats Forum

US MNC's here in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

US MNC's here in Singapore?

Postby gotta_think » Tue, 17 May 2005 4:49 pm

What are the US MNC's here in Singapore?

Anyone here who can provide me the "list of US MNC's" here in Singapore? A website or a magazine that has this information would be a
very good source as well. May I know the title of the magazine (2004-2005 preferred) so I could purchase it asap? I would like to give it a shot in applying there.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Postby gotta_think » Tue, 17 May 2005 11:47 pm

guys please help me... thank you so much...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:05 am

I'm just curious, why do you want to apply at US MNC's? I ask because the question you are asking indicates that your educational level is not all that high that would warrant an MNC's attention. Other than a clerk/admin assistant's type of position that is. If your are looking for a managerial job or a job that would require a degree, I'd assume you would already know to check with Amcham, the US Embassy, Dun & Bradstreet and numerous publications that can be found in most of the larger bookstores here.

If on the other hand, you're not resident here in Singapore, the odds of getting a job are slim at best unless your are a PR or citizen or get headhunted.

sms

NB: You use gotta_think as a nick, why? It seems you are asking us to do your thinking for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 18 May 2005 7:27 am

Or you do it otherwise: Of course you know in which MNC you are interested working at. Check those companies on the web and see if they have an office here (9 out of 10 big MNC's have their APAC headquarters in Singapore), then apply?

Or mention your area of interest / skills and the name of the MNC's you are interested in and post these MNC names here, we might then be able to supply you with the right person's name for applying?

In case you are interested, I am a marketeer at Intel corp. here in Singapore.

Eric

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

tnx guys....

Postby gotta_think » Thu, 19 May 2005 12:15 am

First of all, thank you for the response. The reason why I am looking for these MNC is because I would like to look for a job opportunity for myself. From what I understand, MNC gives better benefits than my current company. Of course the reason is not just that, but since I was in college, I was dreaming of working in a real MNC company. I have been working in a call center (which is a multi-national company as well) for over years and our company's clients that I worked for were Microsoft Corp and Cisco Systems doing tech support.

I have a cisco cert (ccna) and is currently studying for ccnp in order to be competitive. One opportunity came, and that's the chance of working here in Singapore. I'm currently working in a call center again and their client is once again Cisco Systems (singapore). Now, I am currently outsourced to Cisco Systems doing technical sales. I am so happy because at least my dream of working in a real MNC (not a call center) partly came true. The catch here is still, I am working in a call center. There was a time when Cisco asked me who processed my paper when I came here, i told him it's my employer. He was thinking of restructuring the team and is somehow considering me but he said that they have internal issues in their headcount. so deep inside, i was partly sad...

Now, I am applying over job sites hoping that somehow I could apply to a MNC. Until now, I didn't have the luck that's why I need to know aside from the companies (MNC) that I have in my mind, what else could it be that I didn't know. That's why I decided to post it here hoping to get information on which site or magazine I can get it from.

Just recently, I have applied to this one company with only 10 people all in all. The interview went okay. They said they will call me again for the job offer by next month as they need to discuss for the compensation first and the two of them will go to Canada for business purposes.

I would still want to try to apply though, I was thinking of contacting headhunters so they could help me find one (MNC).

I hope you could give me some advice. I really need one.... Thank you in advance! =)

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

up

Postby gotta_think » Thu, 19 May 2005 10:35 pm

up...... =)

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

up

Postby gotta_think » Sun, 22 May 2005 12:02 am

up......

Postby Guest » Mon, 23 May 2005 10:57 am

The american chamber of commerce in singapore might be able to get you a list of american companies here.

http://asp.amcham.org.sg/home/index.html

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Postby gotta_think » Mon, 23 May 2005 4:08 pm

hello, thank you for that information, i think this page is very helpful.. :) i really appreciate it...