Singapore Expats Forum

see a doc

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Laura

see a doc

Postby Laura » Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:26 am

I got a flu 2 days ago, and today I called in sick, was required a certificate. I went to Changi hospital and they charged me 65SG regardless. People said it will be cheaper if I go to any GP other than those in hospital. True ?

Bafana

Re: see a doc

Postby Bafana » Thu, 10 Jun 2004 1:53 pm

Laura wrote:I got a flu 2 days ago, and today I called in sick, was required a certificate. I went to Changi hospital and they charged me 65SG regardless. People said it will be cheaper if I go to any GP other than those in hospital. True ?

Depends which hospital you go to...

If I have an emergency I go to the East Shore Hosptial (Formally the American Hosiptal) and they are generally a little bit cheaper then my GP especially when it come to perscription costs (Cost of medicene)...

On just consultation I think a GP is better value...

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Jul 2004 5:54 pm

well..i am a local singaporean. i would sugguest u just visit a GP for a cough or cold. usually just cost less than $30. there are many around your neigbour i am sure. : )

Aurora
Regular
Regular

Re: see a doc

Postby Aurora » Mon, 05 Jul 2004 12:23 am

Laura wrote:I got a flu 2 days ago, and today I called in sick, was required a certificate. I went to Changi hospital and they charged me 65SG regardless. People said it will be cheaper if I go to any GP other than those in hospital. True ?

Yes, a local GP at your neighborhood area would cost much less. Normally less than $30. The 24 hours clinics might cost a lil more. A normal clinic will do.

akane
Regular
Regular

Postby akane » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 7:41 am

I was sick after came back from Hong Kong (sore throat, flu and headache), went to see the GP at Bukit Timah. He prescriped me some KLACID MR 500MG tablets (antibiotic from Abbot, the counter staff said the medicine from Abbot is good)) and panadols (for 2 days), i paid SGD83. Can you believe that? :shock:

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:12 am

if it is normal flu and you don't need a MC, you can just get panadol from Guardian. it is cheaper and faster. :cool: