Singapore Expats Forum

Faculty salary scale in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

guestfac

Faculty salary scale in Singapore?

Postby guestfac » Wed, 09 Jun 2004 6:48 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a faculty position in Singapore and am wondering about the average pay for, say, an assistant professor (tenure-track). I would also appreciate it if anyone can tell me the average income of Singaporean.

Thanks so much.

:D

jpatokal

Re: Faculty salary scale in Singapore?

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:26 pm

guestfac wrote:I'm looking for a faculty position in Singapore and am wondering about the average pay for, say, an assistant professor (tenure-track). I would also appreciate it if anyone can tell me the average income of Singaporean.

No idea about professors' salaries, but according to the Census 2000, average household income (usually two wage-earners) was S$4943/month. Do note that median income was only S$3607, ie. around S$1800/mo per head.

Re: Faculty salary scale in Singapore?

Postby guest » Fri, 11 Jun 2004 2:02 am

guestfac wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a faculty position in Singapore and am wondering about the average pay for, say, an assistant professor (tenure-track). I would also appreciate it if anyone can tell me the average income of Singaporean.

Thanks so much.

:D

Annual base salaries range from S$72,000 to S$144,000 for Assistant Professor, S$108,000 to S$204,000 for Associate Professor and S$168,000 to S$276,000 for Professor. In addition bonus can also range typically 25% for good performance. housing is subsidised. i addition research grants and student support. if you negotiate well there are certain number of people coming on expat package whose salary will be above the figure coated above. it just depends who you are.