Singapore Expats Forum

Concession travel on bus/trains???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Thu, 12 May 2005 11:55 am

We do not have a car, so we therefore rely on public transport. We live on the East Coast and have 2 teenagers who attend school daily at OFS. We felt they were old enough to use either the train or the bus to get to school. What I am wondering is there such a thing as a concession card for students to use public transport at a cheaper rate? I know there was in OZ, just wondering if there is here? At present, they both have a regular adult Ezi link card. Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: Hubby's company pays nothing for the pleasure of living here, it is all out of our pockets!! :cry:

Postby Guest » Thu, 12 May 2005 5:23 pm

-------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Postby ------------------------- » Fri, 13 May 2005 2:47 am

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Fri, 13 May 2005 2:28 pm

Having looked at those websites, am I correct in understanding that because my children attend an International School, not a public school, they do not meet the requirements for concession travel? That is the way I've interpreted the information.